Old stuff that they are bringing back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stewlewis

Beef Monster Munch - The taste is right but the texture is wrong, they used to be smooth and suckable.

Ringos - Same texture as old Monster Munch, cheese n onion were nice.

Texan bars, were ace, they came back a couple of years ago, they should stay.

Nuttys, toffee, caramel, peanuts, looked like turd.

Buttersnap, a bit like Dime/Daim, less almondy more butterscotch, they were nice.

Pacers. White, Green, Green and White strips. Same as Opal fruits but minty.

Some old school classics if you have cash to splash on sweets:
http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/

dav1d

I'd like Wispa Caramel back - that was the best one, followed by Mint.

Tetedelacourse said:
you can still get wham bars and cherryade. I'm pretty sure you can get Ringos too although someone else might be making them these days. Look in Spar, that bastion of good quality junk.

Didn't space dust get banned for some obscure reason?

Are there any Wimpy "restaurants" still around?

yes, there's one in Salford shopping precinct. They used really cheap fillings (probably Tesco value stuff) instead of what was advertised (it was completely different to what it should have been) in the burgers, and one type of lettuce instead of the five it was meant to be. So my Mum and sister who were in there complained, only to be banned for complaining!

Dayvo said:
Frazzles
Golden Nuggets
Corona
Aztec chocolate bars
Those sherbert thingies in tubes
Gob-stoppers
Acid Drops
Boiled sweets: cough candy. rhubarb and custard, bulls' eyes, etc.
The (old) Dandy, Beano, Topper, Beezer, Victor, Hotspur, Look & Learn, Tiger & Jag
Zoom ice-creams(er, can you see what I spent my pocket-money on? )

Sherbert Dabs (sherbert things in tubes with a liquorice stick) are still going, Sainsbury's and Wilkinsons sell them.
Frazzles bacon flavour crisps are also still going: some supermarkets sell them in multipacks.

I read the revamp of The Dandy and it was so completely different, especially after the next revamp where it had 11 pages of comic strips! You'd get more comic strips in an old 16 page comic than the current Dandy or Dandy Xtreme as it's now called. Beano is still going. And there's a monthly comic called Classics From The Comics that has old strips from Beano, Topper, Beezer, Victor etc.

Mr Phoebus said:
I remember the mobile 'chip shop'.

Can't they have 'em anymore with all the speed-bumps? Slosh! Slosh!

I once saw a mobile chip shop in Scotland - it was a converted ambulance.

oxbob said:
Red liquirice shoe laces?, now where are my monkey boot's and snake belt!!

Don't know if they are liquorice, but you can still get red shoe lace sweets. Think Aldi sells them, maybe Tesco and Sainsbury's too.

TVC

PaulB said:
Old Jamaica.

Sainsburys have them, I was nearly tempted last week.

I happened to be out in Nottingham last friday night and was surprised (shocked...saddened...frightened....) to see an outbreak of backcombed hair, fingerless gloves and even a couple of Ra-Ra skirts being worn without the slightest hint of irony. It just shows that kids never learn.

gbb

Legendary Member
Previously mentioned ...
Wimpys, we have one in Peterborough. Havnt tried one for years, probably in the 80s :tongue:

Fish and chip van, we have one about 1/2 a mile away on a regular basis. Always smells good, but never tried them from that one.

Burtons Potato Puffs..i used to absolutely love the plain ones...awesome. I used to eat packs and packs as a kid. They dont make em anymore.

I want full fat Klakkers (sp) to make a comeback. 2 snooker balls on a string. You used to flip them up and down so they smacked together. You could go like stink with them...sounded like football rattles....you could break your wrists with them too :biggrin:
Not the namby pamby second generation ones with a rigid 'string' That was health and safety for you. Took all the fun out of breaking your wrists :ohmy: ...
t0ssers :biggrin:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
GOLD MUDGUARDS

PaulB

Legendary Member
alecstilleyedye said:
and i wonder if they'll bring back national service and the birch. and i wonder, but i doubt if they ever bring back the watney cup…

Rod Hull? Maybe they'll bring him back?

Olly

You can get space dust and loads of retro sweeties from aquaterof.com
I get old school sweets from there for our work sweetie bowls!!!! :rofl:

Top Bottom