Old stuff that they are bringing back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Tetedelacourse said:
I've had a space bar for the last 10 years. e.g. " ". See? Have I missed something?

I'd like to see Tesco Onion Rings return to last year's formula. This year they're crap.

I agree 100%. I loved them - and then they ruined them and the taste now makes me gag.

Tried Onion Rings from a few other stores, but they're obviously all made by the same manufacturer and they all taste the same now ;)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
mr_hippo said:
Was that the stuff that crackled in your mouth? Anyone remember 'Metal Mickey'? Someone missed a great opportunity when they never marketed 'Atomic Thunderbusters'!

They did have 'Metal Mickey's Atomic Thunderbusters' sweets. My brother and I used to get them from the ice-cream van that came down our street.

"Boogie boogie, my little fruitbat !" Metal Mickey was a great series for kids. Produced by Mickey Dolenz of The Monkees. iirc.

Davidc said:
Corona Cream Soda in a glass bottle (with 6d deposit back on the bottle as well)

Wow, yes! We used to put ice cream in a glass and pour the cream soda on top, then consume it with a spoon. The result was amazing - possibly a bit nauseating now, but at the time... :sad::tongue::tongue:

Plus, as you say, these were the days when recyling glass bottles really paid!

gbb

Legendary Member
Cresta....it's frothy man !!!

Actually, we never brought it to drink, we got it to put sugar in.....whoa ;) Then you'll see frothy, all over the table, everywhere :biggrin:

marooncat

dav1d said:
I once saw a mobile chip shop in Scotland - it was a converted ambulance.

There is a "mobile" chip shop in the village just along from us, it is a massive lorry (without being a expert I am sure bigger than you can drive on a normal licence)

It does not actually drive round the place but parks up in a different place every night. One of my routes home goes past it and you can smell it as you come up to it, every time I try and work out how I can get a chippy home on by bike without it getting stone cold (and ending up all over my pannier)

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
dav1d said:
I once saw a mobile chip shop in Scotland - it was a converted ambulance.

They're just about the same thing these days - both used to transport large amounts of lard about the place! :biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
User76 said:
IMHO all soft drink cans went downhill when they changed to the new ring-pulls. Do you remember the ones that came apart, and you could launch the round, ring, bit with the bit that covered the hole? They used to go flying off like little circular spaceships:biggrin:
Blimey, hadn't thought of those ring-pull missiles in years! That's something else I can bore the kids silly with! :becool:

col

Legendary Member
Remember Cracknel? the minty choc covered sweet?

And lowcocks pop, I got coke, my brother got dandilion and burdock, and my sis got orange, delivered every friday night on a big van full of crates of them.

Top Bottom