Olympic track cycling Day 2 - spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

GB 1 & 2 in the keirin!!!!

andrew_s

Legendary Member
It is.
Team pursuit and sprint qualifying tomorrow, plus Rebecca and Wendy fighting it out for who gets gold (about 10:10 if they run to schedule, which they haven't been doing so far)

The women's pursuit will have been put of the following day because they aren't also riding a team pursuit.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It's all been about as good as it could possibly have been really. I particularly loved the Keirin final and Steven Burke's bronze ride...

I expected Wiggins and Hoy to win but it was the lesser medals by Burke and Edgar that got me excited.

Edit: I did find it funny when the commentator announced him as Burk--ey

andrew_s

Legendary Member
There was an interesting quote from Rebecca Romero in the Guardian
"shocked at how they are going. Everyone looks to me like they are just rolling over and dying really, allowing us to get on with it. Watching the qualifiers I was thinking my God what's going on here. I can't explain it."

I thought the Worlds performance was too good to be repeated, but it's starting to look like it's intimidated everyone else out of competing properly.

Disgruntled Goat said:
Why does the bloke on the moped always pull out? If he carried on then surely he could be in with a shout of a medal

He probaly wouldn't get one, they don't go very fast and almost all of the bikes would sprint past him. Maybe they should give him a headstart?

Or, they could use the big 500cc Triumphs they used to use at Leicester's Saffron Lane.....that'd give Chris Hoy summat to think about:biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
andrew_s said:
There was an interesting quote from Rebecca Romero in the Guardian

I thought the Worlds performance was too good to be repeated, but it's starting to look like it's intimidated everyone else out of competing properly.

the worlds performance was a repeat of the previous year's 7 golds in majorca, so this is the third big event in a row they've dominated.

and with the youngsters putting in such a good show, don't expect that to change for a while either :smile:

Top Bottom