On the subject of savoury snacks.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Has anyone else spotted the relaunch of the Phileas Fogg range of nibbles?

It was strange that I'd thought of what I thought was a long gone product as I cycled past Consett this week and it was the place where they were made only to find them on the shelves of Morrisons yesterday.

It looks like there is still a link to Consett as it's the place to send complaints to but I wonder if manufacturing still takes place there. The web site doesn't give much of a clue.

Mignons morceaux don't appear to figure in their current range ;)

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Vern, Phileas Fogg and Marmite crisp posts, have you been trawling the supermarkets for snacks this morning?

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Wigsie said:
Vern, Phileas Fogg and Marmite crisp posts, have you been trawling the supermarkets for snacks this morning?

The supermarket trip was yesterday.

I disposed of a full bag of Philleas Fogg poppadoms last night along with a couple of bags of Marmite crisps.

Today is dedicated to disposing of the remainder of the bags of crisps.

I was overwhelmed by the urge to buy snacky things yesterday and came home with party ring biscuits and iced gems to supplement the savoury snacks.

I don't know what came over me as I had resolved to eat more healthily and lose some lard.....

Oh well back to the marmite crisps

om nom nom nom nom........

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Wigsie said:
Party rings and Iced Gems are always first in the trolley 'for the kids' of course!

That's what I told myself as they slipped into the trolley :smile:

om nom nom nom nom......

Off to Otley now, ostensibly to buy a quill to ahead converter but there's a great pie shop just along from the bike shop ;)

Wigsie

Nincompoop
When i used to run a scuba diving business i did some part time labouring and next to the yard was a bakery that made mini Lasagne and mini shepperds pie's in little round pastries they were about the size of a donut and an inch and a half deep and were the best... my PB was 5 lasagne and 1 sheep hearders! felt a bit porky and a little ashamed afterwards! :biggrin::biggrin::blush::biggrin:

oxbob

Vernon you bu**er!, thanks to reading this earlier i have just got back from lidl armed with a family size pack of paprika crisps and a 18 mixbag of niknaks!.The healthy living was going so well too :biggrin:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I noticed the return of the PP range of over-salted snack foods too which was spooky because I'd, for some reason, only been thinking about them a couple of days earlier.
I used to love the mini garlic bread thingys - shlurp!

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

threebikesmcginty said:
I noticed the return of the PP range of over-salted snack foods too which was spooky because I'd, for some reason, only been thinking about them a couple of days earlier.
I used to love the mini garlic bread thingys - shlurp!

The mignon morceaux, I have it on good authority, are sold under a different name at Marks and Spencer. Look like I'll be crossing their threshoild tomorrow :biggrin:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
vernon said:
The mignon morceaux, I have it on good authority, are sold under a different name at Marks and Spencer. Look like I'll be crossing their threshoild tomorrow :biggrin:

Take a wheelbarrow in and load up Vern!

Top Bottom