One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Seen at various times over the last ten days: a cream-coloured Ford Consul Capri; an Austin-Healey 3000, black with a white hard-top; and an early bay-window VW type2 with what sounded like the original engine.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Tuesday 9th
Spotted at the roundabout forming the Bruce Smeaton Way/Leeds Road junction, by ASDA - Glasshoughton
(Castleford)
A gold Capri mk3!
It looked to be on a set of (what I'll call) 'Go Kart wheels', by that I mean, bulging sidewalls, as if they're squeezed onto rims too narrow

Bloody hell, they got the body shell I saw being transported eastbound in the Newmarket area of the A14 on Monday morning built up quickly!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Dodge Dynasty not a classic to me but maybe to others

IMG_20240411_063206.jpg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
We saw this car parked in Braemar earlier this year. I'm not sure if it was a Hillman or Singer but I think it was a Singer. You don't see many around.

View attachment 720248

Strathclyde traffic dept used two single manned on Loch Lomondside. I think the were Imps tho'. The theory was that they could negotiate weekend traffic better than the bigger patrol cars they normally used.
They were universally known as Pinky and Perky but had a sad demise as one got bogged down offroad in Glen Douglas and the other also got stuck trying to tow him out. They should not have been there and the original was carrying a deer carcass outwith the regulations. Oh dear. :whistle:

tyred

Legendary Member
Dodge Dynasty not a classic to me but maybe to others

View attachment 727222

Must admit, I don't get American styling.

Top Bottom