One for the Ladies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Sexist!!

I do 50% of the washing round here and I never use biological because it makes me itch.

p.s. I don't think my clothes pong;)

Gromit

Über Member
We use a washing ball thing, which does 100 washes. It works really well, one drawback is that your clothes smell of nothing.

Willow

Gromit said:
We use a washing ball thing, which does 100 washes. It works really well, one drawback is that your clothes smell of nothing.

I used one of those until it split in the machine with all the balls going down into the filter.

KristyA

gb-locks said:
Do you recommend Biological or Non biological washing powder for washing sweaty training gear? :biggrin:
Cheers
Gary

Blimey, I thought everyone knew the answer to that...what is the answer?;)

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I'm not a lady, but I use non-biological too because of my eczema, except for my retro, woolen, Enduro jersey, for which I hand wash in Dreft, when I can be bothered.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I've always done the laundy at Dellzeqq Villas (well, other than the sheets, which are the cleaner's preserve) and it's non-bio Persil for my more rough and ready stuff, with Ecover Delicate liquid for silks, wools, undies and the more feminine garments and my lycra goodies.

OP
OP
Enso108

Enso108

Formerly OselLing
KristyA said:
......And from the title of the thread I was expecting Hunks in Trunks....so thanks for that!!!
That was the plan. :wahhey:
So what is the difference between bio and non bio other than bio makes some people itch, what's in it that makes people itchy??

TimO

Guru
I'm afraid all my washing gets bunged in the washing machine, normally with Sainsburys Basics biological liquid detergent (or whatever is on special and is cheapest!)

Biological detergents have enzymes which help to break down some of the larger more complex organic compounds (eg starch, proteins etc). I'm not sure what they put in non-bios to achieve the same or similar effect.

Top Bottom