One Heck of a Bank Holiday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Sorry for what? I made a mistook and you pointed it out. :sad::biggrin:

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Went to visit Jane and not a lot to report, she was tired, in pain and dozed a lot. Won't see the consulting surgeon until tomorrow. She'd been told some bits but she'd still been woozy so not totally clear yet. Possible they had to put longer screw in which would only remain for short while, until healing began. That means a week in hospital then second operation, so maybe 2 weeks altogether.

Thanks again for the good wishes and the concerns for me and the boys. Fortunately we have a very healthy support network, of family, friends and neighbours, and I can work from home indefinitely if need be. Though didn't get much done today, too busy fretting over surgery. I'm also fairly well organised(anal some may say), in the interim I have meals prepared for the next 2 days. Fully expect I'll be planning 7 day menus by next week. Going to try and make it a group effort, so each of the boys gets to prepare one meal each week. In reality this will mean more work and time for me, but also a heck of a lot more fun.

My Cyclogs totals are going to suffer though, may have to use lunchtimes to get out for 20 milers:ohmy: Can't believe that's my first thought for unwinding and blowing off some steam.

catwoman

I hope your partner recovers well. In the meantime from the sounds of it you are getting everything organised at home brilliantly. You will get top marks if you manage to give the place a good tidy and clean-down for when she gets home!
:tongue:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Glad its all going as well as can be hoped in the circumstances mate! My 8 year old son made us dinner the other day when my wife and I were having a low spell...

Was the finest bread and butter platter with tomato ketchup in a side bowl I have had in ages!

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Great news, operation a success and, on removal of temporary cast, swelling right down so proper cast going on now. I'll be collecting Jane later this afternoon.

Have just stripped the bedding, it's washed, and will put fresh on later once aired. There's nothing like your own bed but there's really nothing like your own bed with fresh clean bedding!!!

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Wow, that really is great news! She's coming home much quicker than you thought yesterday.

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

HelenD123 said:
Wow, that really is great news! She's coming home much quicker than you thought yesterday.

I know, but then that was based on a conversation with Jane when she was just out of anaesthetic. I'd guess that they'd just been preparing her for the worst case scenario re surgery and length of stay. Either way it's great, the boys are out with her Mum and Dad at present. So when they walk in later Jane will be sitting there. Can't wait to see their faces:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Wigsie said:
Glad its all going as well as can be hoped in the circumstances mate! My 8 year old son made us dinner the other day when my wife and I were having a low spell...

Was the finest bread and butter platter with tomato ketchup in a side bowl I have had in ages!

oooh, I want that now!:tongue:

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Unbelievable, 2 hours wait and they've changed their minds, too much swelling so she's staying in.

I have no issues with not doing the full cast until swelling is down, just disappointed they got her hopes up.

Top Bottom