One of my favourite facts is

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

xpc316e said:
Another car fact: the Austin Allegro was more aerodynamically efficient reversing than going forward.

related fact: not counting any possible slight aerodynamic disadvantage at the top end, (most) automatic cars can go as fast in reverse as they can forward. They can use all their gears - i.e. if you accelerate in reverse, they still change up.

Abitrary

I honestly don't know any facts. Canberra is the capital of australia, maybe.

Facts are the dots and I am a painter who joins them up.

Cubist

Still wavin'
ianrauk said:
didn't it also have a square (ish) steering wheel?

Yes it did.

The Hyundai Starion is so named due to a phonetic mix-up in the boardroom. They wanted to give it a name which meant bigger and faster than their "Pony" model. The question was therefore asked "What's English for a big male horse?" and the mispronounced reply gave rise the the name it now has!

Arch

Married to Night Train
The axles on which the first big radio telescope at Jodrell Bank pivots are from gun turrets from decomissioned WW2 warships.

colly

Re member eR
xpc316e said:
Another car fact: the Austin Allegro was more aerodynamically efficient reversing than going forward.

Fact: I used to drive one of those.:biggrin::blush::biggrin::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

U

User482

A slight diversion to an anti-fact.

Many people claim that glass flows appreciably, and that this is the reason that old panes of glass are thicker at the bottom than the top. However, this is completely untrue. The reason that the glass is thicker at the bottom is because old hand-made glass wasn't completely flat, so the thickest end would be installed at the bottom to keep it watertight. For glass to flow appreciably at room temperature, you would have to wait (apparently) 10,000 million million million times the age of the universe.

Top Bottom