Onlive - the future

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

http://www.onlive.com/

Without banging this particular company's drum too much, they, or their competitors are what I reckon will be the future of gaming. Why buy an expensive PC or games console when all the hard and intensive graphics work can be done on bespoke servers miles away? I'm looking forward to having a go when the beta comes to the UK.

Radius

SHREDDER
Interesting, with the right marketing I could see that taking off. PS3 have already tried a similar idea with the games, but of course you need the console and it ain't cheap.

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Radius said:
Interesting, with the right marketing I could see that taking off. PS3 have already tried a similar idea with the games, but of course you need the console and it ain't cheap.

Exactly...assuming the lag time isn't horrendous you could be playing the equivalent of Call of Duty on a mediocre and tiny wee laptop. It's just one more stage in the move from hardware to webware.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It's an interesting idea. Ultimately it'll live or die on content v pricing. People are cheesed off enough already with all sorts of things launching with virtually no content for a high price.

As for 1ms lag, yeah right in the UK!

Top Bottom