The packed lunch thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
3 pieces of bread for sarnies of various filling each day , an apple , a banana and a couple of small cereal bars is my staple .1st piece of bread sarnie and cereal bar is for 1st break and the rest for main break .

Slick

Guru
I had a packed lunch for most of my working life, and vividly remember one of the old guys on site looking in at my "peace box" to see almost an entire plain loaf (mother's pride obvs) a hunk of battenburg and a variety of fruit and biscuits. He then looked up at me and gave me the single best piece of advice I've ever received, "Son, never leave your mother". :laugh:

The fillings of choice from those days could be anything from cold mince to potted heed with loads of pepper. I'm actually drooling at the thought of it now. :laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I had a packed lunch for most of my working life, and vividly remember one of the old guys on site looking in at my "peace box" to see almost an entire plain loaf (mother's pride obvs) a hunk of battenburg and a variety of fruit and biscuits. He then looked up at me and gave me the single best piece of advice I've ever received, "Son, never leave your mother". :laugh:

The fillings of choice from those days could be anything from cold mince to potted heed with loads of pepper. I'm actually drooling at the thought of it now. :laugh:

In my distillery days when I was Manager I just went home for lunch and I did not appreciate being disturbed.
This got me the job I came to at Tobermory.
Lunchtime knock on the door and a character lighting a fag outside while his dog piddled on the porch.
“you wrote to me a while ago” to which I replied “ so what? I write to lots of people”
This was the managing director of a distillery and on the basis of that remark he decided I was an awkward sod and ideal for the job.:ohmy:

Top Bottom