Orbea and Orro bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MissyR

I have finally narrowed my search down to an Orbea Orca. I've been along to the shop and going in for a proper fit before buying as I'm kinda between sizes.

My partner is also on the hunt for a new bike and is eyeing up the Orro Oxygen which seeing it in the shop is a stunning looking bike.

Has anyone got any experience with either of these bikes? I've searched but not found much on them other than pics of the top spec models etc.

Col5632

Guru
I've not got one but wanted one for ages and as far as I know the Orbea bikes are great for the money :okay:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If Orbea and Orro got together to make wheels....
812779d1372715905-post-your-craigslist-wtfs-here-untitled.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member
A pal of mine has an Orca, it's a superb bike, very good handling and ride and excellent value.

OP
OP
MissyR

MissyR

A pal of mine has an Orca, it's a superb bike, very good handling and ride and excellent value.

It looks amazing in the flesh I looked at the matt black one but I cant decide between that and the light pink one :blush: Both are stunning! If ou had asked me last year I'd have said plain black all day long but there are so many stealth bikes now its ordinary looking :sad:

Chrisz

Über Member
I have the Orbea Onix (I aspire to an Orca!) - lovely bike and not all that common either. So far I have only once met someone with the same frameset as mine :smile:

I also have an Onix. The frame is sitting in the loft as a seat stay broke in a minor incident on its first long (for me!) ride. It was nice while it lasted.

If I had the $$$ to buy an Orca I would not buy carbon - but I'm now biased. If you go ahead I'm sure you won't be disappointed but don't crash it. This obviously also applies to any carbon bike.

Have you been for a test ride? If not, I think it is imperative you do.

OP
OP
MissyR

MissyR

I also have an Onix. The frame is sitting in the loft as a seat stay broke in a minor incident on its first long (for me!) ride. It was nice while it lasted.

If I had the $$$ to buy an Orca I would not buy carbon - but I'm now biased. If you go ahead I'm sure you won't be disappointed but don't crash it. This obviously also applies to any carbon bike.

Have you been for a test ride? If not, I think it is imperative you do.

Ahh bugger. I had heard reports that carbon Orbeas were prone to snapping and I was hoping it was a "nasty rumour" but I guess not. What happened to your Onix?

I'm not sure what happened was specific to Orbea. I believe it could have happened to any carbon bike. I'm sure orbea's carbon is no different from the carbon of a similarly priced bike of another manufacturer - most come from factories in the Far East.
I had the classic clipless moment - unfortunately, the seat stay landed on a small rock/large stone. This resulted in a cracked/broken seat stay.

OP
OP
MissyR

MissyR

I'm not sure what happened was specific to Orbea. I believe it could have happened to any carbon bike. I'm sure orbea's carbon is no different from the carbon of a similarly priced bike of another manufacturer - most come from factories in the Far East.
I had the classic clipless moment - unfortunately, the seat stay landed on a small rock/large stone. This resulted in a cracked/broken seat stay.

Phew although I do worry this may happen to me as I get used to being clipped in again :whistle:

Top Bottom