Panniers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I filled an Ortlieb large rack bag with water and not a drop escaped.

But surely everything would be soaked! ;)

Yep, another BIG :okay: for Ortliebs.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Ortlieb are great if you can afford them. I used panniers from Lidl for years and they can withstand the pissing rain that makes Glasgow so green. They are rolltop like the Ortliebs but don't have the fancy adjustable mountings nor the spring-loaded fastening. However, they are fully waterproof and at £9.99 they are well worth the money.

GC

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Ortlieb are great if you can afford them. I used panniers from Lidl for years and they can withstand the pissing rain that makes Glasgow so green. They are rolltop like the Ortliebs but don't have the fancy adjustable mountings nor the spring-loaded fastening. However, they are fully waterproof and at £9.99 they are well worth the money.

GC
I tried the Aldi alternative to have a set for getting muddy at the allotment and the hooks broke within a month. Hopefully they've improved that part for future versions.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I tried the Aldi alternative to have a set for getting muddy at the allotment and the hooks broke within a month. Hopefully they've improved that part for future versions.
Probably not. With the cheap ones, I'd go for the hanging over double type. Less to break so more chance they spent on better waterproofed fabric.

Gez73

Veteran
Altura Dryline for me. R&K fittings and have never let me down. I just can't justify the price of Ortliebs although they are clearly worth the money. If I was touring I might consider splashing out (no pun intended). We are off to Germany this year not biking but will look at Ortliebs when there. Gez

Top Bottom