Paris-Nice 2015 *spoilers"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Are you sure you didn't overlook Chavanel in that lot?
He's not even in the "others" group, who have now joined with the 6 chasers to form a larger chase group of 15 who are now just 15 seconds behind the breakaway - it looks as if the peloton have decided that they'll let them go as the gap to the peloton has grown to over a minute.

Should be a decent breakaway tho as some big names (except Chavanel) in there ;)

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Aye, canny rider. Almost as canny as @smutchin has been in the punditry ;)

Anyway, we have our lead group of 29 for the day by the looks of it, although 1st Cat climb coming up so some may get dropped and anyone wanting to join in might take their chances I suppose:
Davide Cimolai (Lampre), Imanol Erviti (Movistar), Lars Boom (Astana), Rohan Dennis (BMC), Warrren Barguil (Giant), Simon Clarke (Orica), Heinrich Haussler (IAM), Thomas De Gendt (Lotto-Soudal) Matti Breschel, Sergio Paulinho (Tinkoff), Sergey Chernetski (Katusha), Bob Jungels, Gert Steegmans (Trek) and Van Baarle (Cannondale) were joined by Jan Bakelants (AG2R), Jon Izaguirre, Quintana (Movistar), Rein Taaramae (Astana), Romain Sicard (Europcar), Simon Yates (Orica), Steven Kruijswijk, George Bennett (Lotto-Jumbo), Andre Greipel, Tim Wellens (Lotto-Soudal), Nicolas Edet, Floriant Seneschal (Cofidis), Michael Valgren ( Tinkoff), Tom Slagter and Jack Bauer (Cannondale).

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
...although 1st Cat climb coming up so some may get dropped and anyone wanting to join in might take their chances I suppose:

Well, the dropping riders has happened, no sign of an attack yet tho.

And Steegmans has not only dropped back but has given up.

edit - and now the attack from the peloton comes!

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Chavanel leaves his 2 chasing buddies and takes off alone in pursuit of the lead group.

If only we actually got to see all this. The best bit of the racing is seldom at the end.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Go chavver!

I'm cheering for him, but only because if he wins I am going to disallow your punditry pick as being too late :laugh:

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Following words on a page should not be this much fun! 7 chasers have now caught the lead group so now a group of 31 at the front. I can see me not getting much done today...

Top Bottom