Personal Privacy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Chuffy said:
Hyperbole alert!

Come on, it's hardly the same as having a security gimp shove a latex gloved hand up your various orifices while you shiver in the nud is it? Walking through a scanner while a bored operative looks for signs of plastic explosive etc is hardly 'violent degradation'.

Oh dear god, not more about Chuffys private life...:smile:

buggi

Bird Saviour
Kirstie said:
Re millimetre wave scanners:
It's an automated and mass produced version of the strip search. And we all know how degrading they are. Normally strip searches were applied if the police had some reasonable suspicion that you were hiding a weapon or evidence of a crime on your person. Now it's applied to the travelling public en masse regardless of suspicion. In my view this is overstepping the mark.

Just because it happens through a technology interface doesn't remove the violent degradation it is purporting to 'sanitise'.

+1

Chuffy said:
And people don't do that anyway? After a day sitting at the scanner I imagine the novelty will wear off pretty quickly.

o yes, they do. you only have to listen to people in other "services" (coppers/nurses/paramedics... the list is endless and they've all got funny stories to tell... most of which, although extremely funny to Joe Public, are highly degrading to the person it relates to.

Chuffy said:
Hyperbole alert!

Come on, it's hardly the same as having a security gimp shove a latex gloved hand up your various orifices while you shiver in the nud is it? Walking through a scanner while a bored operative looks for signs of plastic explosive etc is hardly 'violent degradation'.

it may not be violent but to some people it is degrading. and usually having a latex glove shoved into your orifices is because security have reason to believe you are hiding something there. They are talking about subjecting everyone to this? These people are not doctors and i doubt any would be qualified in my opinion to look at me naked. i can certainly understand why some people would be horrified at it, especially if they had suffered bad experiences and then they are forced to face something like this.

buggi

Bird Saviour
at the moment it's not too bad an image, so probably not many people will kick up a fuss, but the way technology is, before you long you are going to find it's going to be a very good image. that's why people should let it be known now that it's not acceptable, because once the machines are installed and it's become the norm, they won't be telling you when they have a better upgraded one that can reveal whether you're due a visit to the beauticians!

oxbob

buggi said:
at the moment it's not too bad an image, so probably not many people will kick up a fuss, but the way technology is, before you long you are going to find it's going to be a very good image. that's why people should let it be known now that it's not acceptable, because once the machines are installed and it's become the norm, they won't be telling you when they have a better upgraded one that can reveal whether you're due a visit to the beauticians!
From the lady who tells us her right one is bigger :ohmy:

buggi

Bird Saviour
oxbob said:
From the lady who tells us her right one is bigger :smile:

LOL... but that's you lot and i know they're aren't any pervs on here (or are there???:o)

... and i'm not sending you a picture either!

Mr Pig

How would a DNA scanner work? Even if such a thing did exist any ner-do-well would only have to get hold of some of your DNA to get around it.

I like the idea of the strip-scanner. Someone wants to look and my naked butt, serves the poor sod right!

buggi said:

Your first knowledge will be seeing the image on "Scanner Secrets" on Sky Filth. :evil:

buggi said:
These people are not doctors and i doubt any would be qualified in my opinion to look at me naked.
What qualifications does a chap need, apart from a crateful of WKD and a boxset of Benny Hill videos?

buggi said:
o yes, they do. you only have to listen to people in other "services" (coppers/nurses/paramedics... the list is endless and they've all got funny stories to tell... most of which, although extremely funny to Joe Public, are highly degrading to the person it relates to.
Yeah yeah, we've all looked at www.weirdthingstheyfoundupsomeonesbum.com haven't we?
Every difficult and stressful job has it's own strain of humour, some of it very black indeed. It's how you cope with the job. But are the nurses in A&E surrounding the woman with a Hillman Minx gear knob up her whahoonie while they collapse in gales of cruel and hurtful laughter? I doubt it. If anyone finds your scan remotely interesting you won't know anything about it and if it bothers you that much I can only assume that you take to the beach in summer wearing a full length bourka and really big shades.

Top Bottom