Peter Sagan and the TdF

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't particularly like the guy but I was hoping he was going to win today...he looked boxed in and got clear too late from the way I saw it, a trifle too long on Kristoff's wheel perhaps?

And yes Smutchin, agreed, he is still young but I can't see him becoming a GC contender either. But what he does have is many years ahead to puncheur away and this year's frustration is something he'll have to learn from, tough as it is, taking much esteem from being so close to the finish so many times. He is, as you say, a real talent.

I can't help thinking either that the odd classics win in a different culture to ours, namely Flandrian, is slightly more prestigious than is being given credit for. He'll be pinching arses winning races for many years to come and if green jerseys, classics and stages aren't enough, he can always take up hairdressing.

I hope you are not forgetting that he's good a wheelies.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
If everyone had to finish the stage by landing perfectly in the team roof-rack he might stand more of a chance! :wacko:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Sagan and Boulting make a lovely couple. i look forward to the end of stage interview, the chemistry sets the screen alight.
I don't know about the mirrors bit but there's definitely something smoking between them. Much though I'd like to see Sagan pinching Boulting's bum, I somehow don't think it's going to happen. But Ned's going to get a comeuppance soon, I can feel it.

suzeworld

Veteran
Another near miss into Nîmes. He was coming through strong, but not quite enough. :blink:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
His current physiology is well suited to classics and stages in grand tours, particularly lumpy ones. Not well suited to long alpine climbs and he loses a lot of time on those (although how much effort he puts in bearing in mind he knows he can't actually win the stage is another matter).
Clearly he has remarkable physical capabilities but I do wonder if he could change his body shape sufficiently to become a grand tour contender. I suspect not. He'll never be a stick insect even if he wanted to. Maybe he will focus on being the next incarnation of Cancellara/Boonen
I also think people underestimate the importance in a cyclists career of winning multiple classics versus a grand tour

Top Bottom