Peter Sagan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kies

I didn't say she was, nor do I condone his actions, but in the scheme of things - a non event.

LutherB

Well she wasn't happy about it and he bought her a bunch of flowers to apologise, which she accepted. He's not history's greatest monster, just a very naughty boy.

SWSteve

Guru
All of the popping wheelies, skidding across finish lines, wearing white cowboy hats makes us remember his name. So when he's riding for Team X which has Brand Y's bikes, we see him on those bikes and think "that's a tasty looking bike, I wouldn't mind one of those", we might not realise it but he will have impacted some of our(the public, not cyclechat) choices of bikes. All of the showmanship gets his face, and the brands, on the TV for us punters - the latter is why he is paid to ride the bike.

Frankly, I quite like him. He does stuff I could never dream of (wheelies etc), won the Green Jersey by playing the game and to top it all off he dyed his goatee and hair green for the final stage of The Tour. He's going to win everything and I don't mind watching him do so.

Hont

Guru
we might not realise it but he will have impacted some of our(the public, not cyclechat) choices of bikes.

That works both ways. I've never considered even looking at a Trek and have tried to talk others out of it too, because of a certain rider's association with them, even before the truth came out.

Milzy

Guru
That works both ways. I've never considered even looking at a Trek and have tried to talk others out of it too, because of a certain rider's association with them, even before the truth came out.
Good point, I'd never buy a Trek, overpriced uninviting bikes IMO.

dragon72

Guru
I know you're not asking me, but that's pretty churlish and petty, if you ask me.

Hont

Guru
Not considering how Trek treated Greg Lemond on Armstrong's say so. Those were not the actions of a principled company. If we don't vote with our cash then corporations will continue to behave without principles. It wasn't just because Armstrong was riding the bikes, the relationship was far deeper than that.

dragon72

Guru
Not considering how Trek treated Greg Lemond on Armstrong's say so. Those were not the actions of a principled company. If we don't vote with our cash then corporations will continue to behave without principles. It wasn't just because Armstrong was riding the bikes, the relationship was far deeper than that.
Fair enough. In that case I agree with you.

Top Bottom