Petrol/Diesel thefts - Caution

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Perry

There has been an increase in nicking fuel from cars due to the price increase.

The buggers just cut the fuel line!

I was given a tip to put a, "Converted To LPG" sticker near the fuel cap to put them off.

Mine may as well say "no fuel left in vehicle overnight". I rarely have more than a gallon in there.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
That wouldnt work, they would just end up looking for the LPG cannisters.
My neighbour had the fuel line on his van cut. Its said diesel on the back but it was actually a petrol. He hoped the people wouldnt realise and just put it in their diesel car, then take it to his garage to be fixed :biggrin:
But then its maily the gypos that have been doing it, especially to the trucks They are ment to be able to suck truck's diesel tanks dry in a few seconds :smile: They will even go across the fields in the car they have the pump in to get to the fuel. :biggrin: Bit silly really, but then its big business for them.

Why all the whining about rising fuel prices? Rising prices are a good thing aren't they?

Of course, I was very lucky to buy a nice 35 litre petrol tank in an up-and-coming Czech car when prices were much lower. It's gone up in price by around 35% this year alone. We'll probably hang onto it for another year or so, then sell it and buy a nice 100 litre tank in a BMW. We might even us some of the proceeds to buy a little 25 litre tank in a Citroen, you know, just as a little investment.

Of course, I feel sorry for those who didn't buy before the price rises. It's so hard to get onto the petrol ladder these days. Ho-hum.

What? Works for house prices, so what's the problem?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bugger all petrol in my car - the computer has been blinking since the weekend - must put in another tenner to last another month !!! Blooming expensive...terrible....:smile:

Prices aren't high enough yet. I saw a (fat, unhealthy) couple get into their car, turn the engine on, then spend 5 minutes eating the (cheap, over-processed, fat-laden) sandwiches they had bought. Couldn't believe it.

Night Train

Maker of Things
If someone tries mine they'll be in for a shock, literally. I moved my fuel line and replaced it with a 35mm cable to supply battery power from the front to the inverter in the back.

Noodley

As my elder daughter says.."whatever!!!!" :smile:

Don't make too much out of media reports - it may relate to their sales more than it relates to everyone else's experiences of reality.

Top Bottom