Pigeon Down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
No maggots.
Nope - no problems at all.
Zombie pigeon?
No zombies either :thumbsup:

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
No - this is a Thread resurrection not a spooky pigeon resurrection.

Well I think the descendant of the previous casualty has come to pay its respects. Lots of noise and bumps this morning and as I sit drinking my morning cuppa there's a cloud of detritus billowing onto Mrs 26's pride and joy expensive wall to wall.

Bloody pigeons.

classic33

Leg End Member

Well I think the descendant of the previous casualty has come to pay its respects. Lots of noise and bumps this morning and as I sit drinking my morning cuppa there's a cloud of detritus billowing onto Mrs 26's pride and joy expensive wall to wall.

Bloody pigeons.
It's the ghost of the one that never got out.

Tha's cursed to have pigeons behind the fire!

Bloody pigeons.
Time to put chicken wire over the chimney top.

OK, technically yesterday was a better time.

Aside : we once ended up with a beautiful pet, when a pouter pigeon - presumably escaped - came down our chimney.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
My Mum heard a bump & a scuffle one morning but couldn't quite place it. Later that day she cleaned the living room and went to light the box fire. A sooty squirrel shot out of the box and legged it around the room all over the sofas & up the walls. She eventually shooed it out of the front door. It had fallen down the metal chimney liner and sat in the box stove all day. You will have to install a pigeon extraction hatch !

Globalti

Legendary Member
Large birds can't fly in the confines of a chimney flue; it's how a Yorkshire farmers' chimney-sweep works - just drop a chicken down the pot.

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Large birds can't fly in the confines of a chimney flue; it's how a Yorkshire farmers' chimney-sweep works - just drop a chicken down the pot.
Yep - none of that black soot but some sort of sandy stuff came down. Wonder what it is? Cement loosened by the flue gases? Thoughts?

All quiet up the flue at the moment. Hope this one doesn't put Santa off.

Top Bottom