Pimp my Foil..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'm a bit of a car cleaning obsessive too! Polish doesn't really give protection but it does make paint look good, hence why the Mr Sheen goes well over the top. The Gtechniq C2v3 I use is a nano sealant, it bonds to the surface of the paint forming a protective layer and adding glossiness too. Mr Sheen probably does a very similar job but I've got the sealant anyway so I might as well use it!

How people can ride around on dirty bikes that make allsorts of noises is beyond me, I can't stand the slightest rattle or squeak and my bike has to be clean.
My bikes are not clean by ianrauk standards of anality :thumbsup:, but they don't rattle or squeak either. Bikes are for riding first and foremost, fettling is next and cleaning last. My 2004 TCR is like new when I eventually clean the grime of it ....,
Cars too. Life's too short.

young Ed

Veteran
My bikes are not clean by ianrauk standards of anality :thumbsup:, but they don't rattle or squeak either. Bikes are for riding first and foremost, fettling is next and cleaning last. My 2004 TCR is like new when I eventually clean the grime of it ....,
Cars too. Life's too short.
not for @ianrauk
trust me!

although he does put a fair few thousand miles through his fleet each year
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
N

NorvernRob

I was doing this to my road bike last year but then found the answer.

I lost 2 Stones and the bike went much faster.

My advice is concentrate on the rider and not the bike.

Thanks for the advice, but I enjoy buying stuff for my bike!

And for what it's worth, I'm 67kg down from 75kg in April this year - I've lost more weight than my Foil weighs, and am lighter than I was when I was 20. All down to working hard on the bike(s):thumbsup:

The downside is my 32" waist trousers are all too big and a lot of my tops look baggy on me. I knew I had a couple of kg I could lose (I'm 5'9 so 75kg wasn't exactly fat) but I'm amazed how I'm losing weight everywhere.

Last edited:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Thanks for the advice, but I enjoy buying stuff for my bike!

And for what it's worth, I'm 67kg down from 75kg in April this year - I've lost more weight than my Foil weighs, and am lighter than I was when I was 20. All down to working hard on the bike(s):thumbsup:

The downside is my 32" waist trousers are all too big and a lot of my tops look baggy on me. I knew I had a couple of kg I could lose (I'm 5'9 so 75kg wasn't exactly fat) but I'm amazed how I'm losing weight everywhere.
Wish the weight would drop of me just not happening! Would love to pimp my ride but nae cash for such luxuries! ;-)

OP
OP
N

NorvernRob

Wish the weight would drop of me just not happening! Would love to pimp my ride but nae cash for such luxuries! ;-)

I have no idea why I've lost so much. Since my late teens I'd always been 71/72kg (apart from a couple of years weight training when I went up to 77kg), then as my 30's passed (I'm 38) I slowly drifted up to 75kg. For the first couple of months cycling I lost nothing, then within 3 months I dropped to 70kg and it's still coming off. I don't do loads of miles, around 80 per week, but I average 6,000ft or so of climbing so maybe that helps.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
hmm I do about double your mileage, climb approx 7000ft on my commute and still can`t shift the kilos :tongue: 95kg and 43yr old. I have come to the conclusion that my weight and build is where I should be. Anyway this is going way OT :biggrin:

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
this is how you pimp a foil ;)

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 10342680_10203688381638266_315222598_n.jpg
    10342680_10203688381638266_315222598_n.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 66

Mrs M

Guru
Evening all

I've been getting a bit of stuff together to fit to my Foil, had a day off yesterday so got busy and sorted it! The plan was to lighten it as much as possible (without doing silly things like chopping seatposts and fitting plastic bolts) as it's only going to be used in the dry for hilly rides.

Full spec is:
Foil 10, HMX frame in a 54.
Ritchey wcs carbon seatpost, stem and evo curve carbon bars.
Sram Red groupset with 12-27 Dura Ace cassette and KMC x10 SL gold chain.
Zipp 202 tubulars with Swissstop Black Prince pads.
Fizik Antares carbon railed saddle.

Current weight including pedals, cages, Garmin and mount is 6.55kg. The pedals will be the next and last thing to be upgraded which will take the weight down to around 6.4kg.

It's amazing how light it feels compared to my 9kg Cube Peloton!

8BCD896D-0F61-4CA4-85FA-67368C591D20_zps53hbsewf.jpg
10B54661-79C9-4E73-AB79-053DC9F2253D_zpszktgqe1i.jpg
Rob

Very nice, you even got the bunting out for it, nice touch. Love white bikes.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Rob, you may have to just accept that there's nothing more you can do to lose any more weight off the bike or you.... unless you start having unnecessary bits removed.... like appendix, ear lobes, hair, little toes and fingers. Bit drastic maybe.

Top Bottom