Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
ChrisKH said:
Paint, paint, paint whilst it's dry.
How do you apply dry paint ???

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Dayvo said:
Work Sat and Sun!
Best to get the overtime in now before I finish work for the year in about 5-6 weeks!
Longish ride, weather permitting, Sun pm.

Do you make enough dosh to last you over the winter Dayvo or do you do some other work? I dunno, pimping statuesque German fraus in Thailand, for instance!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, still off work - back Monday..boo hoo.

Did 35 very hard miles near Rainow - see photo challenge thread - great part of the world - lot's of steep climbs, and you never know what to expect - or in my case 'remember'....now I do....;)

Sat will be a quiet day - wife at gym in morning - so will see if a quick spin comes out on Sunday.

Hopefully the Yellow UFO might get through at some point - god the cloud has been so heavy recently. Thought it might get good today - warm, windless but DULL - cooked out on my ride - well sweatty drippy !

rich p said:
Do you make enough dosh to last you over the winter Dayvo or do you do some other work? I dunno, pimping statuesque German fraus in Thailand, for instance!

:smile:

I get well paid (for me, and compared to what I used to get); have very low overheads and expenses; live a simple life; and it's considerably cheaper to travel around Asia for a few months in the winter (and certainly a lot more fun) than freezing, suffering with SAD, and having a crappy job for 3-4 months in Scandinavia, just to survive until the early spring.

This year, my girlfriend is accompanying me to Asia! :blush:

I'd certainly do other work if it was attractive; such as baking bread in a French ski resort, for example, or working as a bike mechanic (once I do the C&G course) in a Mediterranean country. ;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
fossyant said:
Well, still off work - back Monday..boo hoo.

Did 35 very hard miles near Rainow -

Near Macclesfiled isn't it?
If so, yep very nice part of the country. Stayed with an ex-girlfriends friends in Rainow back in the early 90's.

I deliberately cut my afterwork drinks early as tomorrow is supposed to be OK, if you believe the forecast. If its right and I'm right I'll go on a club run in the morning and try out a route I programmed into the GPS. After that and if I can still move, I'll cycle my commuting bike to my parents and try out their new bath and clean the bike on the Sunday.

User1314 said:
Won't your parents get upset with you cleaning your bike in their new bath?
probably :eek:

Noodley

Rigid Raider said:
...to catch a train to Pitlochry...

On Sunday, I shall be cycling through Pitlochry en route to Kinloch Rannoch. My first 200km for a good while, so I might be a bit slow :eek:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
ianrauk said:
Near Macclesfiled isn't it?

It is....I usually blast past on the main roads (I know..... :eek: ) but really enjoyed hitting the back roads again.......fcuk me it's tough round there...but very very nice - only 10 miles from my home, so this loop might become a 'kill yourself in 2 hours one'.....

Those Local CC members on here will know how hard the Peaks are and can be... we have big long climbs and these little barstewards lurking at every turn...heh...heh..

I'm running on old local knowledge, plus the new fangled mapping stuff so you know how far you are planning to ride - so "I'll be back by XXXX time" keeps the folks happy..... NO GPS - hence a slight different route back..GPS on a pedal bike ...wot next........ electronic gears....

Top Bottom