Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm going to plant my newly arrived asparagus crowns after a ride tomorrow.

col

Legendary Member
Going out on my new bike :wacko:

Oh and a work mates leaving do on saturday night, I havnt had a drink since boxing day and that was only two small bottles of grolsh, so two pints and Ill be anybodies :biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
Maz said:
I'm going paintballing...for the first time.
Painful? :wacko:

Can be, make sure you have a scarf round your neck and wear gloves, I had a paintball shaped scab on my finger for a week, it can sting a bit, just make sure no bare skin is showing unga unga yak fnarr:biggrin:

johnnyh

Veteran
Maz said:

only if you get shot between the legs! :biggrin:

reckon my weekend will be the usual of entertaining kids, trying to get out on the bike, and footy.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sunday looks like it will be okay for a decent ride so I'm trying to motivate myself to do something which in 20 years of cycling I've not been able to psych myself up for - what I call the 'Trawden-Nedwart'.

I have a very hilly 29 mile loop out to the village of Trawden and back. The route has long steady hills, medium length steep hills and short, very steep ones adding up to about 3,300 ft of climbing.

I normally do the loop anticlockwise so that is 'Trawden'. From time to time, I do it clockwise and I call that 'Nedwart'.

The rules of Trawden-Nedwart would be - do the Trawden ride, go home, sit down and have a bite to eat and a drink, then get back out on the bike and do the loop again in the opposite direction. Forget the physical effort required to drag my 15 stone carcass over all those hills - it's the mental toughness to go back out for the second half that I'm struggling with. It's so much easier just to do one big loop.

Maz said:
Paintful? :wacko:

Maybe I'll clean the breakfast fry-up fat off my Look following the FNRttC Brighton sortie - desperately needs a clean. And I'll possibly post some pictures of last Sunday night, when I got around to changing the wheels,tyres, tubes,chain, cassette and brake pads on my commuter - at midnight but at last!

Have a lovely weekend - gardening beckons!:biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Maz said:

Oh yes..... my 'so called mate' shot me about 4 times at point blank on the top of my head.......I swore some what - that said, he was the groom and the organisers made him run round the indoor arena whilst they shot at him - he was covered in bruises....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not much.... if the weather is a bit better, teaching Little Miss to ride her new bike. Out on mine - probably Sunday (snow/sleet forecast for tomorrow). Watch the track racing.... bit of gardening - most was done last week though.

bonj2

car for service tomorrow morning
rearrange furniture in lounge
tournament in the afternoon
league match sun morn
probably bike ride sun aft

Keith Oates

Janner
My commuting MTB died on Thursdays home ride so will need to get a replacement, can't make up my mind what to get and the choice out here in my part of Vietnam is very limited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom