posey cycle luggage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MessenJah

Rider
Joe24 said:
Why do you need something to read? Its not like your going to be reading it while your riding.;)

Maybe he likes sitting in the window of Starbucks, posing to all passers-by with some sort of profoundly intellectual book (the large print version, for extra posey-ness)?

PrettyboyTim

Abitrary said:
I never leave home without something to read. I used to have one of those little bags, but I ended up having to rip pages out of magazines for something to read.

Plus, you look a bit less dodgy in a pub with a proper magazine or book.

I have a bunch of e-books on my phone. I also have a couple of audio books one of which I tried listening to on my way to work - phone mounted on my handlebars and set to speaker. Unfortunately it was too easy for the sound to get drowned out by wind noise or traffic noise.

wafflycat

wot'cha need are these

item_27266.jpg

papercorn2000

If I'm going touring or for a long, long ride, I stick all the kit I need in a couple of carrier bags which I hang off the bars. Anyone who does otherwise is an effete poseur.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
MessenJah said:
Maybe he likes sitting in the window of Starbucks, posing to all passers-by with some sort of profoundly intellectual book (the large print version, for extra posey-ness)?

Ah yes, this is it! He doesnt really cycle, he just goes down to his local Starbucks and sits there, looking like he has cycled a great distance.
:smile:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
papercorn2000 said:
If I'm going touring or for a long, long ride, I stick all the kit I need in a couple of carrier bags which I hang off the bars. Anyone who does otherwise is an effete poseur.

Carrier bags?

Feh, what are you, some sort of dandy? Anything that can't be held in the hands between palm and bars can easily be secured by tightly clamping it under the arm. Of course, signalling can be somewhat problematic, which is why you should travel in an undeviating straight line, regardless of terrain.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
John the Monkey said:
Carrier bags?

Feh, what are you, some sort of dandy? Anything that can't be held in the hands between palm and bars can easily be secured by tightly clamping it under the arm. Of course, signalling can be somewhat problematic, which is why you should travel in an undeviating straight line, regardless of terrain.

Ride no handed. When you need to signal put your arm out and wave your carried bag around.
That will stop drivers passing close;)

yenrod

topeak%20wedge%20pack%20sm%2004.jpg

I've one these but mines made by Rav X...

Better than the Topeak one I had.

In fact; where that little upside down triangle is mine has a reflective sign - good for illumination.

Top Bottom