Preparing for a 300 mile, 4 day cycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dibs

Veteran
I'm participating in a Charity cycle next year, which will involve cycling 300 Mike's in 4 days.

I'm looking for some advice on preparing for this. Thankfully I have plenty time to get ready...

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
What's the furthest you have ridden so far?

AndyWilliams

Über Member
From my last longest trip of 67 miles, what I learnt was to eat enough of the right things to keep up the energy, I ran out of food in the countryside and used up my energy, by the time I found food I was already done.
If that makes sense. Little and often I think they say. Plenty of fluids too. I ran out of energy about 55 miles. I found stopping after halfway and doing some stretches for a few mins helped too.
Good luck :smile:

OP
OP
Dibs

Dibs

Veteran
Are you carrying your own bags?

No, thankfully. There is a van for all that.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
I'm participating in a Charity cycle next year, which will involve cycling 300 Mike's in 4 days.

I'm looking for some advice on preparing for this. Thankfully I have plenty time to get ready...

Just keep putting in long miles between then and now with at least a days rest between them. Nearer the time try riding on consecutive days a few times to give your body a taste of the medicine to come.

But, more importantly, make sure all the Mikes are ready and in place! :rolleyes:

cyclingclueless

Regular
Hey OP and @Diz :hello: me too!! I'm signed up to the L2P ride but just go to confirm my charity (there was 3 i wanted to support, unfortunately you cannot raise for 3 different in 1 race!!!)

you both have more miles on me; I am starting from complete scratch - on a 2nd hand bike too . Been out today, going again tomorrow and have got a cycling plan from those mags to fit into the week.... still getting used to the terminology and accessories needed! :training: the longer miles seem alittle daunting for me.
Diz, think of winter training like this- you cannot get any wetter, a hot steaming shower is a reward plus its all prep for the race in April (April showers! :rain:) .

do you fancy keeping in touch and supporting each other ?

good luck all! Sam

Top Bottom