Pressure at work - how do you handle it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FBOAB

True but I crumbled until I had/was forced to quit. Not a nice experience but sometimes I think you have to know your limits.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
col said:
Not as easy as that for most, mortgage , bills ect?

Nail. Head.

The sad fact is most of us can't manipulate our workplace conditions or hours to a great degree without antagonising others or giving the impression we are trying to get out of work. I'm a firm believer in self-help and positive action, but there are limits to what people can do in their particular situation.

RR and Punkypossum - (fellow sufferers) isn't it the wierdest feeling when your brain starts to say 'no more!'

Plax

Guru
Thankfully I'm not prone to stress, but one job I had was really horrible to the point I was getting very down and had to be forced out of bed in the morning. It wasn't a hard job, but I'm a sensitive soul and the monotony of answering phone calls to aggressive people every day took its toll.
I changed jobs and apparently there was an instant change in me (and I felt a LOT happier). This job doesn't involve talking to customers but is a much more stressful & high performance working culture. Time management and not taking work home with you I find very helpful, plus exercise is a great for stress relief. I very rarely find myself too stressed and find writing lists, and doing the quicker/smaller jobs first helps as seeing the list go down gives you a nice boost!

Top Bottom