How often do you wash your denim jeans?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I generally wash then after about a week or two

any longer than that and they start getting grubby
any more often and they get baggy too soon

Washing them does shrink them back to their normal shape so they fit better again

and - yes - I do just lob them in the washing machine - but then I don;t buy expensive jeans!

Reactions: C R

Alex321

Veteran
I normally tend to wash them after about a week of wearing, and they just go in the washing machine (and tumble dryer when the weather isn't suitable for line drying). If I get particularly sweaty or dirty (usually mud when gardening) then they will be washed earlier.

But I only buy cheap jeans, not levis or similar.

Yup - I buy cheaper jeans - not ASDA own brand but not Levi

As far as I can see I wear them all out at the same speed but the cheapest go baggy quicker
better ones go back to shape after washing

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Remember the old 501 shrink to fit in the 80's, put your jeans on get in the bath and let the dry on you :laugh:

Remember the old 501 shrink to fit in the 80's, put your jeans on get in the bath and let the dry on you :laugh:

In the 1980s I was at University
My friend went home for a weekend - when he came back he said that on the Saturday evening his sister was going to a party and was getting ready - she was probably 18 or so

He was called up to her bedroom by their Mum to help get her into her jeans - they needed extra muscle to get them done up!

apparently he had an interesting - and private - conversation with his Dad after about WHY and subsequently about how she would manage to go to the loo at the party
no conclusions were reached but as the girl in question walked past the door the comment "MEN" was heard

He ended up as a vicar - dunno if that is connected or now!!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I have two pairs of these...

https://www.tellason.com/

Both pairs are still looking as good as new, but I was advised to avoid washing them as much as possible and instead chuck them in the freezer to freshen them up. If really necessary they can be washed in cold water.
Raw denim is very different to most of the high street stuff. It's REALLY stiff when new but definitely falls into the 'buy once' category.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cheap Jeans only - usually dark colours though - Tesco do the job. Wash when getting grubby, which isn't long with gardening and bike maintenance. And straight leg/loose fit as cyclist's legs won't go in 'fitted' jeans'.

Alex321

Veteran
It is at least 30 years since my last pair. I opt for comfort rather than appearance so most of the time (including right now) I lounge around in Ron Hill Tracksters.

I find jeans pretty comfortable. I certainly don't wear them for appearance.

I use them because they are both hard wearing and comfortable. I have never worn tight jeans though, I have always preferred a relatively loose fit.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I find jeans pretty comfortable. I certainly don't wear them for appearance.

I use them because they are both hard wearing and comfortable. I have never worn tight jeans though, I have always preferred a relatively loose fit.
I found them too warm, except in really cool conditions.

Tracksters do tend to wear out pretty quickly. I keep the old threadbare ones for indoor use, or sometimes over shorts for rides in cold weather. The pair that I am wearing today have several holes in.

Top Bottom