Priority seat in a train

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
Three days in a row!

I watch someone who obviously needs to sit down. Someone other than the person in the priority seat gets up. Wth is up with that? It's like no one cares that they're sitting in a priority seat.

Humans, what a crazy species.

I'm not as ruthless (stupid?) as I used to be otherwise I would have kicked up a stinking fuss.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd call them out on it in front of the whole carriage, cos I'm like that.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
As long as the person gets a seat, what does it matter which seat it is?
Yes and no.... Depends if they need additional space which has been provided there, but as long as they get a suitable seat, you just have to accept there are some that will always look the other way to avoid themselves having to give up their seat.

Tim Hall

Three days in a row!

I watch someone who obviously needs to sit down. Someone other than the person in the priority seat gets up. Wth is up with that? It's like no one cares that they're sitting in a priority seat.

Humans, what a crazy species.

I'm not as ruthless (stupid?) as I used to be otherwise I would have kicked up a stinking fuss.
What about the person already in the priority seat? Did you question them closely to check whether they're meant to be there?

ScotiaLass

Guru
I once stood on a train from London to York, (I was travelling home to Edinburgh for Christmas) and was 8 months pregnant.
No-one would get up and offer me a seat.
The guard spotted me, grabbed my hand and walked me through the carriages until he found me a seat.
There were a lot of seats, but people had luggage sat on them etc. Inconsiderate is not the word!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I live in the sticks and have never heard of priority seats until this thread popped up. :ohmy:

It was only 2 years ago that I heard of Boris Bikes too - my S-I-L on a visit here was wittering on about them and Lovely Wife & I had no idea what she was on about.

Simple folk hereabouts.

winjim

Smash the cistern
After 37 years of being a downtrodden straight white male, I'm finally at the point where I get priority for something. Parent and child parking, suckers! But pissed off at the two lads in the BMW who took the last space from under our nose the other week. My wife wanted me to go and say something but I didn't see how that would achieve anything. They clearly knew what they were doing and didn't give a shoot. Should I have kicked off at them?

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
After 37 years of being a downtrodden straight white male, I'm finally at the point where I get priority for something. Parent and child parking, suckers! But pissed off at the two lads in the BMW who took the last space from under our nose the other week. My wife wanted me to go and say something but I didn't see how that would achieve anything. They clearly knew what they were doing and didn't give a shoot. Should I have kicked off at them?
You didn't feel like doing this then?

Durian

Über Member

You could have kicked off at them but you'd probably end up in A and E. Not worth it.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
If it was a supermarket you should have got them to announce it over the speaker system that they needed to removed their car!!! I wonder if the supermarket would do that if asked?

Venod

Eh up

Thats always annoying if non child carrying cars park in the child spots. but the wife was shopping with 2 of our young grandchildren and I went to pick her up I parked in the child spot as I knew we would need the space when putting them in their seats,I was berrated in no uncertain terms that I was in the wrong by a very irate young women, I kept calm and explained the situation she didn't know what to say, so I am always a bit wary of saying anything.

Top Bottom