Proper friday legs- Manchester Velodrome June 17th 8-10 PM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike e

Sh4rkyBloke said:
Oooh, thanks for the reminder.. I really want to do this ride (it's the one over the Humber bridge, isn't it?). Not worked out any logistics for it yet though.

Friday 18th June into Saturday 19th June

Midnight from York, across to the Humber Bridge (halfway cafe stop at approx 3am ish, yes really) dawn sunrise, hopefully, crossing of The Humber Bridge and onto breakfast in a lovely cafe by the beach in Cleethorpes approx 7am, timings approx and may change due to weather, mechanicals, etc, etc

Hope you can all make it, no names been taken just yet but I'll let you know when it happens.

I'm co-hosting it with Dell of the London parish.

For the hell of it stick my name on the list for a bit of track action the night before if that's ok Dan?

Chrisc

Guru
dan_bo said:
That's the spirit chris. Do both.
Getting excited already!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Cheers for all that, Mike. Sounds great but I'm still struggling with the "how to get there and back" sort of details. What sort of distance is this ride, then? I'd pegged it as about 60 miles.... 7 hours seems a little long for that though, so I'm guessing it's quite a bit more.

Sorry for the thread hijack, Dan!! :smile::blush:

Consider this as a bump back to the top o fthe page for you. ;)

mike e

Sh4rkyBloke said:
Cheers for all that, Mike. Sounds great but I'm still struggling with the "how to get there and back" sort of details. What sort of distance is this ride, then? I'd pegged it as about 60 miles.... 7 hours seems a little long for that though, so I'm guessing it's quite a bit more.

Sorry for the thread hijack, Dan!! :smile::blush:

Consider this as a bump back to the top o fthe page for you. ;)

I'd say about 70 mile's ish max, but with a few re-group stops and the halfway stop the timings won't be a million miles away.

How about Trans Pennine Express Manchester to York and then return from Cleethorpes on the Saturday morning, both routes direct.

www.tpexpress.co.uk

dudi

No can do for me this time I'm afraid!
There's no way I'd be able to get there on a firday night, even if I did I'd end up getting home at about 3am!!

Have fun y'all!

andyfromotley

i think its ya thread title thats confusing people dan.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
mike e said:
For the hell of it stick my name on the list for a bit of track action the night before if that's ok Dan?

I noticed this last night and and a thought about combining this and the night ride together the following night..

Ive always wanted to do a track session and would love to do manchester.

I will read up a bit more about the velodome, hiring stuff and how it works but I would love to come.

Mikee, fancy a night out in manc' after with a pootle back the next day for the fnrttc? :tongue:

Hmmm, wonder if any of the southern posse would be interested too...?

Top Bottom