Putting things into perspective (muppet vs Pro segment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ridgeway

Veteran
The segment that ends right at my front garden gate has a KOM of 1:34 it’s just shy of 1km and averages 5.9%, that’s from Steven Kruijswijk last year so no surprise it’s a quick time. My best is 2:40 but at double his age and being a short fat baldy fella i’m happy with that😂. I did last week do a small test on the segment with my e-bike. Full power with a decent run up and with all 850w from the bike i managed to beat the KOM by only 9 seconds and man i was literally flying up there, average speed was over 37kmh and i was also pushing out an average of 350w with my own power, all quickly deleted of course.

Just goes to show how fast these guys climb. I know we all see them passing by on famous tours but actually experiencing that speed for a few short seconds on an environment i know well really put things into perspective for me😳

Conclusion: need to loose more weight and increase my power output, oh and loose 25yrs as well😁

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
And ditch the illegal ebike.

CXRAndy

Guru
I always double the time it takes me compared to a top class rider.

Re doing a segment on your ebike, great fun. I know someone who led out his young lad on a ebike to chase down some segments

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

Veteran
I always double the time it takes me compared to a top class rider.

Re doing a segment on your ebike, great fun. I know someone who led out his young lad on a ebike to chase down some segments

That seems a reasonable ratio 2-1, makes sense.

Just amazing to feel the difference between real human speed vs the super humans, +30kmh up hill😳

Top Bottom