Question for the lads – Smelling of roses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
That would be one of her detective novels, which I haven't read; I like her Regencies.

I remember the New Scientist had a lot about the pheromones thing a while ago and it did seem to make sense. A rather crass summing up is that we like people who smell very different to us as it indicates they have a very different set of genes. If peoples' genes are more similar to us then we less like the way they smell.

Mortiroloboy

Rigid Raider said:
You're right... it's the smell of testosterone, you'll smell it in model shops, computer shops, music shops and anywhere else that young men congregate.
Smell interests me a great deal, especially as I work for a perfume manufacturer. I also find myself inhaling when I pass women in the street in the hope that they're wearing something subtle although mostly though it's knockout modern stuff like Angel or Escape, usually too strong because they've committed the cardinal sin of re-applying the perfume during the day. Generally the only smell I like on hair is just clean or the slight residual musk of a quality shampoo perfume. *cough* I hate to sound, er, boastful but over the years I have known a few women who smelled great without any perfume on and a couple who smelled repulsive. I'm sure it's a chemical/hormonal thing. That doesn't include the French women to whom I've got close then recoiled in horror at their bad breath.

That's just 'soap avoidance' you can smell.;)

montage

God Almighty
Rigid Raider said:
You're right... it's the smell of testosterone, you'll smell it in model shops, computer shops, music shops and anywhere else that young men congregate.

My little brother often goes to a model gaming shop where people paint models then battle them against each other with dice and rulers - a warhammer shop. The sad thing is, most people in there are 15-30 year olds and it STINKS.....worse than a gym!

Going to the OP, smelling nice is good to attract initial attention, but some girls just go OTT and you can smell them from the next room. Nice enough smell though it is, it is still a bit....sad?

PaulB

Legendary Member
I know a woman who's hair smells of petals; bicycle petals!
Mind you, she also has skin like peach; a football peach!
You could live in her eyes; there's a sty in one!
She's a real treasure though; she's got a sunken chest and people are always asking her husband where he dug her up!

I'm 'ere all week! ;)

Night Train

Maker of Things
I am very sensitive to scents and dislike perfumes and other strong odours.

I find that the smell of a woman is very important in the sense that if I can smell her perfume then I will go off her pretty rapidly. I much prefer a very natural clean smell without the overpowering scent of soaps and shower gels.

The natural smell of a clean woman is very erotic. I just find that many women do their utmost to hide it under a thick coating of alcohol, ethanol and butane.

gavintc

Guru
If you walk into say, a lift, and there lingers a very attractive sent, that is pleasant and leaves you wondering what she looked like. As for roses, for me; no it does nothing and is I suggest an old maid smell. A woman who has nice and different scent is alluring and I makes me take note of them. I hate to admit it, but women stick to their old favourites and as a husband it becomes just a non smell. I suggest that women should change their perfumes from time to time.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
definitely. I'm a perfume fan. Just make sure you're wearing Jo Malone next time we meet.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
dellzeqq said:
definitely. I'm a perfume fan. Just make sure you're wearing Jo Malone next time we meet.
Who is she and how will I go about wearing her? :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Erm...don't mind folk smelling clean or of a subtle perfume, but full on stings the eye stuff is too much.

Smelly people are a no-no.......

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I shouldn't laugh but I will.... :ohmy::rofl::biggrin::rofl:
I think it the way you tell 'em...

Cathryn said:
I had a boyfriend who smelt my hair once, but was disappointed with the result. I was gutted.

The husband has never sniffed me, but seems quite happy.

Maz

Guru
I prefer women to smell naturally soapy or mildly perfumed. Too strong is a big turn off.
I don't go around sniffing women, though.

I've been wearing that Lynx Chocolate-scented stuff recently to match my chocolate-coloured skin. No women have bitten chunks out of me yet.

Maz said:
I prefer women to smell naturally soapy or mildly perfumed. Too strong is a big turn off.
I don't go around sniffing women, though.

I've been wearing that Lynx Chocolate-scented stuff recently to match my chocolate-coloured skin. No women have bitten chunks out of me yet.
You should be incensed Maz...

Top Bottom