Question for the lads – Smelling of roses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yellow Fang said:
Most the women I know either smell of sweat or chlorine.
Do you work in a swimming pool?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Joking apart, if you're interested in smell, read Perfume by Patrick Siskund (or is is Suskind?) and excellent horror story with a lot of background on how real perfumes used to be made.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Rigid Raider said:
Joking apart, if you're interested in smell, read Perfume by Patrick Siskund (or is is Suskind?) and excellent horror story with a lot of background on how real perfumes used to be made.

Aye, but don't watch the film of it as it's laughably awful!

Mscott

My boyfriend doesn't smell my hair, but he does notice when they smell nice (after a shampoo) or when they smell smoke.... But he doesn't snif me!
He loves when i put a bit of perfume... not too much gives him headaches!

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I think smells are important, I love a fresh clean smelling woman. But also like the smell of freshly exercised lady (Dont mean festering BO smell). Used to play squash with an ex Girlfriend and the way she smelled afterwards was great! if she had not showered though it may have gone downhill!

But I have never sniffed a womans hair that I was not 'familiar' with.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Chuffy said:
Baggy always smells very nice, but I couldn't tell you what of. No, nothing pervy, just....nice. :biggrin:

Mr Summerdays smells like that... its him ... though it does vary depending whether he's just cycled back from work etc but usually nice apart from when he's had lots of garlic for lunch and I haven't:biggrin:.

Maz

Guru
My mrs won't come near me when I've just cycled home from work. This 'fresh sweat' attraction pheromone thing is complete tosh.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Maz said:
My mrs won't come near me when I've just cycled home from work. This 'fresh sweat' attraction pheromone thing is complete tosh.

Really, Maz? She's never had a problem with me:evil:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Rigid Raider said:

Thought it was the other way round personally. I hated the book, joint worst book I've ever read. The film when I finally saw it was shot in a bit of a strange way but was solidly all right.

yello

Sorry to continue the derail; I enjoyed the book more than the film (I thought Dustin Hoffman was laughably poor!) but then I didn't enjoy the book as much as others seemed to. I prefered Suskind's 'The Pigeon', a much much simpler premise but one I found myself oddly gripped by!

Top Bottom