Quick question about the clwydians

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know I should really post this in MTB but it's so quiet there that cafe might be a better bet. Thinking of going to the Clwydians tomorrow, but not sure about the conditions up there. eg Llandegla mtb trail is closed because of deep snow. Is anyone local to there and are you able to give an indication of whether its' worth making the journey for an mtb ride?
Thanks

Well if I take the dog for a walk on the hill I can see across towards them. So I'll let you know in an hour ;)

Funny you should be going there, I just picked up the leaflet a few days ago - You're not following me are you?

Kirstie, I'm sitting in my house in Llangollen and I can see a bit of snow on the hills. It has been deep in places - a foot deep in Nantyr a couple of days ago, but I'd be surprised if the Clwydians were badly affected and it's certainly just a thin coating virtually everywhere apart from where there have been drifts in sunken lanes.

Just to confirm what Patrick says: I spoke to my sister who lives about 5 miles from Llandegla in a deep forested valley and she says no snow on the ground and none on the hills near them and I couldn't see any snow on the range before the Clwydians. She says there was some a few days ago but it's all gone now.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Sorry to hear it! I went out for a run rather then cycling. Now I'm working... bah.

Kirstie said:
Well thanks for the advice everyone.
I woke up with a cold this morning and so i am on the sofa under a duvet and my mtb is in the garage.

Bah.

Unlucky, hopefully it won't keep you off the bike long. Still your post has prompted me to head down to Llandegla soon and tie it in with a visit to my sister. Get well.

Crackle said:
Unlucky, hopefully it won't keep you off the bike long. Still your post has prompted me to head down to Llandegla soon and tie it in with a visit to my sister. Get well.

Thanks! trying to sweat it out and take lots of vitamins - you would not believe the amount of vitamins in haribo starmix, and cheese toasties ;)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Kirstie said:
Yes I'm trying to stop myself from tweaking a paper I'm supposed to have already 'finished'. Watching the track cycling is helping though...

There's another paper you're supposed to be doing something for too.. anyway, I've been distracted by the cycling too and am just feeling too tired anyway.

Top Bottom