Quiz of the Day - Armstrong

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kennykool

Chuffy said:
With such cheerleaders as yourself and KennyKool at least part of him will always be clean...:biggrin:

Chuffy - I like the idea of being a cheerleader for Lance....maybe I'll get myself a nice little outfit for Paris in July and "cheer" him up onto the podium to collect the Mellow Jonny!!! :smile:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
From Cyclingnews' coverage of the press conference;

With LeMond in the audience the questioning again turned to the anti-doping part of Armstrong's return. And with Armstrong pushing this aspect up front, it was not surprising. "I really try to seek out the most credible and well respected anti-doping crusader, especially here in the United States," Armstrong said about choosing Dr. Catlin. "It's a level of transparency that I didn't want to leave that box unchecked. So I signed with Don and he has a job to do. It is his job and not my job – I will subject myself to whatever he wants. Ultimately I think we as fans must get back to enjoying the race. Hopefully this helps, but there will always be people who question it."

When asked about the cost of the proposed testing regime, neither Armstrong or Catlin could give a definitive answer – only that the team will be picking up the tab. "It is probably prohibitive for a lot of athletes to do it," said Armstrong. "But I am not taking a salary so I can ask the team to do certain things and this is one of them that is imperative."
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=features/2008/armstrong_interbike08

(My emphasis).

Keith Oates

Janner
If this is true then it seems he is keeping his word:

Armstrong will continue to be tested by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), International Cycling Union (UCI) and World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), and detailed blood test results from seven UCI and Damsgaard out-of-competition tests are now posted on LIVESTRONG.com. Requests have been made to USADA and WADA to release their results so they can be posted as well.

Keith Oates said:

Armstrong will continue to be tested by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), International Cycling Union (UCI) and World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), and detailed blood test results from seven UCI and Damsgaard out-of-competition tests are now posted on LIVESTRONG.com. Requests have been made to USADA and WADA to release their results so they can be posted as well.
But the much vaunted and much more detailed testing by Don Caitlin has been scrapped without so much as a pinprick. The other stuff is pretty much the standard testing that any rider would face. Putting it online is an irrelevance PR figleaf given that there's no consistent baseline data to work from. Saying that he is keeping his word is generous to say the least.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Keith Oates said:
Sorry Keith, I'd disagree. A testing programme that was described as an "imperative" and one where cost was agreed to be immaterial has been binned, on the grounds that it's not necessary and costs too much.

It's disappointing, especially so given the juncture we find ourselves at now (Liquigas pulling out of the ICPT so they can appoint Basso two years before the bugger should have got a ride with a Pro-Tour team, and high profile dopers returning to riding after their suspensions in this year). None of the latter is Mr. Armstrong's fault, of course, but a figure of his stature could be a powerful force for change for the better, and leading by example.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Chuffy said:
It's like scratching a scab....

do you eat the scab as well?

Top Bottom