Quiz of the Day - Armstrong

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Radius

SHREDDER
Dave5N said:
When you reach the heights he got to, expect a little scrutiny.

That's fair enough, but heaping it all on him just gets tedious after a while. I don't care either way about him particularly, although I've enjoyed seeing him race, but perhaps it's time to change scapegoat?

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Radius said:
That's fair enough, but heaping it all on him just gets tedious after a while. I don't care either way about him particularly, although I've enjoyed seeing him race, but perhaps it's time to change scapegoat?

I agree with that. its a bit boring reading the same old gibberish year after year. if he's right for knocking, i'll be there too, bu t as it is, i'm still cheering

Keith Oates

Janner
It wasn't so long ago that some people on here were saying words to the affect that Armstrong should not have a personal test 'doctor' as he would then be able to control the results. Perhaps he listened to that advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
It's crap. isn't it? I hope the cycling press grow a pair and start asking him some questions over this. I doubt they will, given the supine way they've ignored his failure to publish pre-competition tests.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
beancounter said:
I'm sure Lance lies awake every night worrying about what the good folk at Cycle Chat are writing about him.
Well, when Pro-Cycling asked him the questions submitted by it's readership via their forums, he basically threatened to stop giving interviews to the magazine (questions weren't that bad either, I thought, by no means all "You're on the juice, innit?")

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Radius said:
I'm a bit sick of this. When you reach the heights he got to, then criticise him.

Hmm.

It's Armstrong who made the big song and dance about his independent testing programme. And about how it would be additional to testing done within the UCI biological passport and testing by Astana. I seem to recall Caitlin talking about the importance of pre-competition testing (to establish a baseline) at the same time.

Since then, no results have been published prior to Mr. Armstrong starting to race, and now we find out that there's no additional testing, just what's required by Astana and the UCI. The cycling press said precisely bugger all about the lack of published results pre-competition. I wonder whether they'll say anything about the second break with what was promised?

And the "when you can do what he does, criticise him" is a nonsense. We have to ride the tour before we can comment on the commitments he made to transparency for this season? Do we have to win seven of them too? Bah.

beancounter

John the Monkey said:
And the "when you can do what he does, criticise him" is a nonsense. We have to ride the tour before we can comment on the commitments he made to transparency for this season? Do we have to win seven of them too? Bah.

But surely you COULD have won seven Tours, John, if only you'd doped?

I mean, that's all Lance did, right? Dope, I mean.

bc

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
beancounter said:
But surely you COULD have won seven Tours, John, if only you'd doped?

I mean, that's all Lance did, right? Dope, I mean.
I'm not sure where you're going with this one, bc. No one asked Mr. Armstrong to make the promises he did about his return to cycling - should everyone just shut up and ignore it when he chooses to break them (unless they've ridden to some standard decided by you/a.n. other)?

(To answer the question, Walsh's "Lance to Landis" estimates the performance gain from rEPO at about 20%, if I remember rightly - it'd take more than that to make me competitive, sadly, even if I were willing to turn my blood to sludge.)

beancounter

John the Monkey said:
I'm not sure where you're going with this one, bc. No one asked Mr. Armstrong to make the promises he did about his return to cycling - should everyone just shut up and ignore it when he chooses to break them (unless they've ridden to some standard decided by you/a.n. other)?

Yeah, guess I went a bit off topic there...

bc

Top Bottom