[race radio] Cowards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
They should do something like the Dauphine' without radios as a tryout IMO. The tour's far too tense a situation to go taters deep experimenting and expecting to get a good response.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
dan_bo said:
They should do something like the Dauphine' without radios as a tryout IMO. The tour's far too tense a situation to go taters deep experimenting and expecting to get a good response.

I agree. It may well be good idea but why experiment in the TdF? It's like trying a new offside rule in the World Cup final.

yello

Well, Prudhomme was always at great pains to stress it was only a test. I don't think it should be seen as ultimatum and climb down - I'm sure ASO will just stress it as listening to the teams.

To be honest, I'm not sure I really mind either way. If the teams prefer radio, so be it. I don't think it necessarily makes for better/worse racing... just a different way of doing it.

Noodley

rich p said:
I agree. It may well be good idea but why experiment in the TdF? It's like trying a new offside rule in the World Cup final.

It's hardly a 'new rule' tho is it?....radios were 'new' now they are not....imagine what would have happened if the teams had all boycotted 'new' radios :biggrin:

Cycling is so 'anti change'

Noodley

rich p said:
It's new to this lot apart from the old gits like Armstrong!

C'mon, you're not seriously suggesting younger riders have forgotten what it's like to ride without a goblin speaking in their ear?

Bigtwin

Hands up who's surprised - .................nope.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
No of course not - they will have ridden all their amateur days without and probably many less high profile races but the question remains - why try it out now at the tour? Why not in the Paris-Nice or something?

I actually don't give a toss either way. I'm not sure why I'm in this argument at all - I think I only signed up for a 10 minute argument.

Noodley

rich p said:
No of course not - they will have ridden all their amateur days without and probably many less high profile races but the question remains - why try it out now at the tour? Why not in the Paris-Nice or something?

I actually don't give a toss either way. I'm not sure why I'm in this argument at all - I think I only signed up for a 10 minute argument.

Does that mean I win? :biggrin::laugh:

;)

They will all have ridden many races without radios so it's not a 'try out' at the Tour. It just annoys some riders* who like the little goblin voices to tell them what to do and when, then they go and bully others into 'supporting' them.

*<Rolf Harris> Can you tell who I mean yet? <Rolf Harris>

Bigtwin

Noodley said:
Does that mean I win? :biggrin::laugh:

:wacko:

They will all have ridden many races without radios so it's not a 'try out' at the Tour. It just annoys some riders* who like the little goblin voices to tell them what to do and when, then they go and bully others into 'supporting' them.

*<Rolf Harris> Can you tell who I mean yet? <Rolf Harris>

You're talking out of your butt-crack. Rolf Harris does NOT control the TDF. How many times do I have to say that?

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Pansies.jpg

Top Bottom