Raleigh Lizard, remember them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eta

I've had one of these since Summer 1992, and despite its weight, it has remained a solid workhorse. Its biggest achievement was crossing Scotland from Ft William to Ft George, in a day, about a third of the route offroad. Some of its no longer original - alloy wheels, V brakes, a set of sprung forks and a racing gearset all found in various skips - are all improvements.

It's now off the road as the thread on the crankshaft has stripped (does anyone have a spare one?) but I hope to sort this out soon. Pic to follow.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
My big brother had one and my Big sister had a Marauder, not that she did much marauding on it!
I had an Aztec before getting 'The Tank'.

The lizard had been in the garage for many years and had rusted up, so off the the skip it went :rolleyes:

HybridBiker Uk

there's still at least a couple of those knocking about this neck of the woods.

ugly bike but 100% theft proof :thumbsup:
I can remember when I was a young teenager my Raleigh lizard did get stolen! I used to love that bike, good news we got it back as we offered a reward

HybridBiker Uk

Picked up this Raleigh Lizard off the local freecycle, it was very dusty and the chrome rims were a bit rusty :sad:

Luckily the drive train had no wear and the frame was rust free, so after a really good clean it's come up quite well and the chrome rims have responded well to a good Autosol'ing :thumbsup:

Next question is, why did I actually get it?:wacko:

gallery_15489_192_178564.jpg
Picked up this Raleigh Lizard off the local freecycle, it was very dusty and the chrome rims were a bit rusty :sad:

Luckily the drive train had no wear and the frame was rust free, so after a really good clean it's come up quite well and the chrome rims have responded well to a good Autosol'ing :thumbsup:

Next question is, why did I actually get it?:wacko:

gallery_15489_192_178564.jpg

I had one of these as a youngster used to love it

Top Bottom