Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've mentioned on occasion that Sunday is a good day for cycling in Germany because it's very quiet. Today I discovered why, it's protected by the Constitution or 'Basic Law':

Article 139

Sunday and holidays recognised by the state shall remain protected by law as days of rest from work and of spiritual improvement.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The most experienced sailor / crew member on Captain Cook's Endeavour voyage was a Goat. It had previously circumnavigated the globe with Captain Wallis's Dolphin in 1767/8 (as well as accompanying him on previous journeys) and had never failed to provide milk, so Wallis lent/gave it to Cook for his circumnavigation from 1768-71. Its probably the only Goat to circumnavigate the globe by ocean twice.

Punkawallah

Über Member
The most experienced sailor / crew member on Captain Cook's Endeavour voyage was a Goat. It had previously circumnavigated the globe with Captain Wallis's Dolphin in 1767/8 (as well as accompanying him on previous journeys) and had never failed to provide milk, so Wallis lent/gave it to Cook for his circumnavigation from 1768-71. Its probably the only Goat to circumnavigate the globe by ocean twice.

Don’t remember that ‘side quest’ being advertised for ‘Goat Simulator’ - maybe it’s in the second edition.

classic33

Leg End Member
Pac-Man doesn't have an ending as such, an integer overflow makes the 256th level impossible to clear.
This means that if every dot, power pellet, fruit, and enemy is consumed on each of the 255 levels, the maximum possible score is 3,333,360 points.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
When male mongooses fight, the females sneak away to have sex with other males elsewhere.

srshultz

Every second, the Sun's core fuses about 600 million tons of hydrogen into helium, and in the process converts 4 million tons of matter into energy.

Top Bottom