Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
The moon appearing huge when it's near the horizon is a trick our brains play on us. You can remove the illusion by bending over and looking through your legs, or standing on your head and nobody is quite sure why.

I wonder who was the first person who thought of doing that and why?

classic33

Leg End Member
So authentic looking was the full size model of "Darkstar" in the movie "Top Gun Maverick" that the Chinese thought it was a prototype of the Lockheed SR-72.

They even moved spy satellites in order to catch it on camera.

The Skunk Works help had been sought in building the full scale model used at the start of the movie.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
During filming of “The Passion of the Christ”, assistant director Jan Michelini was struck twice by lightning and minutes later, Jim Caviezel (the actor playing Christ) was also struck. Both survived

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Greek statues tend to show men with a small penis because a large penis was considered unintelligent, unrestrained and beastial.
So Greek women prefered a man with a smaller manhood.

Last edited:
Greek statues tend to show men with small a small penis because a large penis was considered unintelligent, unrestrained and beastial.
So women prefer a man with a smaller manhood.

But those that were better endowed did not need to purchase the latest chariot models!

Bagpuss is 50 years old today (12/02/24).
I thought he was older.
It was set much earlier.
Well, not really ... They filmed the outside of their own house with some tricksy [for 1974!] lense so that it looked a bit more oldey-worldey, and put poor 6yo Emily in quite an old-fashioned looking dress. (Most people that meet her apparently expect a woman in her 80s-90s :P )

I don't think there is any specific reference to dates.

Top Bottom