Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Punkawallah

Über Member
I suppose that makes sense in a dark way: take people away from their surroundings and culture and they will be less able to rebel.

IIRC there was a medieval system of sending younger children to other families as squires et al. Perhaps it helped when it came to those, awkward, teenage years.

IIRC there was a medieval system of sending younger children to other families as squires et al. Perhaps it helped when it came to those, awkward, teenage years.

I suspect it was also about having a few mouths to feed by sending them to wealthier families, but I see the point.

In Germany there's a system where young offenders can go to Romania for half a year and live on a farm. They get support from a social worker/occupational therapist but the point is they are away from their usual crowd and any dealers they may know, and because of the language barrier they're also stuck. As my colleague who worked on the programme said to a new arrival:

"Basically, to the north is Dracula, south is the bears, east is the wolves, and to the west is me."

Last edited:

Punkawallah

Über Member
I suspect it was also about having a few mouths to feed by sending them to wealthier families, but I see the point.

In Germany there's a system where young offenders can go to Romania for half a year and live on a farm. They get support from a social worker/occupational therapist but the point is they are away from their usual crowd and any dealers they may know, and because of the language barrier they're also stuck. As my colleague who worked on the programme said to a new arrival:

"Basically, to the north is Dracula, south is the bears, east is the wolves, and to the west is me."

‘Sensible policies for a better Britain’.

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Is that because they think the other parent should contribute?

I think child needs to bear some responsibility to...

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Just watching the athletics.
Pole vaulters use different length poles depending on their weight speed and strength.
I had assumed that everyone used the longest possible pole to get the best height.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Greek statues tend to show men with a small penis because a large penis was considered unintelligent, unrestrained and beastial.
So Greek women prefered a man with a smaller manhood.

aeQX0pj_700b.jpg

Greeks concentrating on what mattered

Top Bottom