Recommend a song that made you tingle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blackandblue

red_tom said:
José González' cover of Massive Attack's Teardrop. Heard it on an episode of House (Massive Attack's version is the main theme tune).

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9B-h1EEsKDA

That is great. I like most of the music they play on House.

Particular favourites which all qualify for my submissions on this thread are:

Colors - Amos Lee
Ain't No Reason - Brett Dennen
Orange Sky - Alexei Murdoch
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
Desire - Ryan Adams

Hurt by Johnny Cash though is my number one vote for this category (although it probably doesn't qualify as recent enough).

Bodhbh

Guru
palinurus said:
I like to use YouTube as a jukebox, someone had tagged a load of videos as being Kurt Cobain's favourite 50 tracks (or something similar). Ms. P and I enjoyed most of those. Especially The Shaggs.
Yeah, Youtube has been just a complete revelation. All this obscure stuff on there, within a couple of seconds. At one time lots of it would have been almost completely inaccessible, now you just sit there clicking away. So easy to waste a couple of hrs just following links on that thing, especially after the pub. Kids have it easy nowadays!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
redcogs said:
The theme to Cosner's Robin Hood thingy "Look into my eyies" etc. i regret to say, it still makes me tingle, but i can't remember who sang it.

Way back when, Chris Evans used to do a great radio show on GLR on Sunday mornings. On one, he described going to a wedding the day before, at which the organist had failed to turn up. A hurried replacement had been told the music for going down the aisle was to be the Robin Hood theme - meaning the "Look into my eyies" etc one. Sure enough the happy couple ended up coming down the aisle to diddle-dum diddle-dum diddle-dum-dum-dum, diddle-dum diddle-dum diddle-dum-dum-dum etc

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Okay, showing both my age and my secret romantic side, here's my idea of a perfect day out, even though there isn't a bicycle in sight... From Play Misty For Me, Roberta Flack, The First Time Ever I saw Your Face.

NB For those of you with prudish bosses - contains (softcore) scenes of a sexual nature, including mild nudity.

Oooh, it still gets to me after all these years. No, not like that - wash your mind out with soapy water :blush: !

PS When someone with a voice like that wins The X-Factor, I'll believe that it deserves to exist as a TV programme!

Alan Biles

Bonnie Tyler. Total eclipse of the heart. Does it every time.

redcogs

Guru
[quote name='swee'pea99']Way back when, Chris Evans used to do a great radio show on GLR on Sunday mornings. On one, he described going to a wedding the day before, at which the organist had failed to turn up. A hurried replacement had been told the music for going down the aisle was to be the Robin Hood theme - meaning the "Look into my eyies" etc one. Sure enough the happy couple ended up coming down the aisle to diddle-dum diddle-dum diddle-dum-dum-dum, diddle-dum diddle-dum diddle-dum-dum-dum etc[/QUOTE]

:biggrin::biggrin: Nice one swee-pea.

diddle dum diddle dum diddle dum dum dum

On reflection, wasn't that the William Tell theme?

I'm not certain, but, Robin Hood may have been more of a : DAH DAH DAH, DAH DAH DAH, DAH da DAH da DAH.

:biggrin:

Top Bottom