Recommend me a windows tablet please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I'm looking for a new tablet and want one that's windows based, android, ipads, or chromebooks, aren't under consideration.

Something around a 10 - 11" screen with a detachable keyboard if possible, it'll be mainly used for browsing, email, and Netflix.

Pricewise I'd ideally not really want to go over £300 which I know won't get me a great deal unless I go for a box opened/return from somewhere like laptopsdirect, what's the advice on here?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Consensus on line seems to favour the Microsoft Surface Go 2:

https://tabletshunt.com/best-windows-tablet-under-300/

albion

Guru
They are all mainly ex corporate machines I believe.
Thus the luck of the draw. Some never get used. I am guessing here, but I imagine much old factory stock gets disposed of in the same channels.
What also is likely to happen, is that if most are classed as pristine, then some good ones are then initially pristine, helping ensure they all get sold.

Factory disposals are weird and a safer bet. But cost wise, most are good value. The seller I linked to is one of the biggest sellers out there. 15 years or so ago, I simply collect my laptops from their warehouse near Southampton.

Last edited:

Dadam

"Refurbished" covers the whole gamut from "basically new" from manufacturers like Dell and Apple, which may be open box returns (the customer just opened the box and decided they didn't like the colour or something so sent it back unused, or they may have turned it on and not liked the screen) and have the full warranty; right through to heavily used, had a hard life and the seller has simply wiped it down and checked it works!

Ex corporate devices often have had a hard life, probably used for several hours every day, and may have knocks etc BUT can be a real bargain from a reputable reseller.

Mburton1993

Über Member
I bought this one back in July 2017 Linx 1020, I still use it today, it's windows and it can manage browsing, emails and Netflix.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have you looked at CEX? They give a 2 year warranty (not sure on the battery) and no hassle returns within a certain timescale.
You could also try AV forums classifieds, lots of techies who love their kit

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
Have you looked at CEX? They give a 2 year warranty (not sure on the battery) and no hassle returns within a certain timescale.
You could also try AV forums classifieds, lots of techies who love their kit

Didn't think about them thanks, I'll have a mooch now.

Top Bottom