Remember the Kimmage Defence Fund?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It pretty much gives us a good glimpse into the character and make-up of some of the cynical trolls out there casting aspersions and spreading rumours about cycling and cyclists.

Sods_Laur

I feel it is unlikely that anyone, including myself, will be getting a refund!

I'm just glad the case was dropped in the end.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
It seems fairly obvious from the anecdotal evidence that Browne has probably already spent the money which is why he can't account for it. I expect he's going to be in a world of hurt real soon, and rightfully so.

Any fund set up "on the fly" is going to be more susceptible to this type of (alleged) abuse.

His fund was always slightly dodgy in that it was paid into the "Cyclismas" account, instead of being an entirely separate entity.

Then whilst Kimmage had no direct access to the funds (quite correct) others did, it would appear that simple precautions to prevent this abuse were not in place

Anyone donating to such an account should do so with out the expectation of a refund.

U

User169

I hadn't realized, but the case against Kimmage is still rumbling on: UCI and Pat have dropped out, but Verbruggen is continuing on his own!

normgow

Guru
This is probably very old hat now and not directly related to the Paul Kimmage Defence Fund but does anyone know what happened to the money from the Harlow track ??

Top Bottom