Report on the progress of CTC charity application 2012 Jan 6.doc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
115 applicants, apparently.

Mr. Smith's letter is that marvellous mix of would-be-grandeur and ignorance that the professions (particularly those paid for by an indulgent public sector) adopt when it apes the aristocracy. Quite splendid stuff.

That he has no problem with the letter being concealed from the membership, no problem with the shenanigans that went on before the last AGM, and no problem with councillors being kept in the dark says it all.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
That at least is encouraging. Let's hope the right person is amongst them.

And that she or he is the one offered the job. A Councillor tells me that the interview panel comprises something strangely entitled The Agenda Committee (?), of which he had not heard until that moment...

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
And that she or he is the one offered the job. A Councillor tells me that the interview panel comprises something strangely entitled The Agenda Committee (?), of which he had not heard until that moment...
ah-ha! I used to be on the Agenda Committee when it decided agendas and awarded medals to volunteers. Now it's where they put all the stuff they want to keep safe..........

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Is that the Agenda Committee of the Circumlocution Office or the Agenda Committee of the Byzantine Court?

Jezston

Über Member
1680838 said:
Ah, the unfairly advantaged people of the fens.

But the webbing makes them harder to cross.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I understand that at the Council meeting this weekend, which is open to all members, the Chair decided that any discussion of the charity application should not take place in front of the members in attendance - but in the 'closed' session of Council.

Not exactly open and democractic...
I'm bewildered by this. You'd have thought that Council would be doing a bit of reaching out - instead of which there's even more circling of the wagons. I'm sure that the standing orders allow them to clear the gallery (and there are times when individuals are being discussed, where it is justified) but right now they've come a cropper, tried to keep it a secret, been found out, and now compounding the offence by invoking whatever the CTC's equivalent of the Official Secrets Act. 'Dumbass' doesn't quite cover it.

Top Bottom