Reverse/parking sensors...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Has anyone had one of these fitted to their car?
Did you do it yourself or leave it to the garage?
I might buy the sensors and get someone to fit it, but which sensors are the better ones?
Any ideas/recommendations, etc?
Thank you.

LLB

I hired a Fiat Bravo in Switzerland earlier this year which had them fitted. They worked really well, but i think it was a factory fit.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Our car has them... though with the missus driving they could be beeping at a 1000 decibels and they wouldn't make any difference :evil:

Mr Pig

I just hit stuff. Old car, who cares.

In Spain car bumpers are considered active components. Which is kinda what bumpers should be don't you think?

Willow

I wouldn't buy a car without them now. I have purchased one car with on and another where I got the garage to fit them. If they save you one knock then it's worth it. Obviously they don't stop you needing to look first but they are useful for tight spaces though more importantly as I am constantly at football matches, school, tennis club and other places with lots of children around some of whom invariably walk behind cars when they are reversing - you can't always look out the front and the back at the same time!

Batzman

mine were fitted by the dealer when I bought my car, they seem to work pretty well, and I'm going to make damn sure that any future cars I get have them as the UK seems to have the tiniest car parks in the entire known world. .. no wonder fiestas are so popular over here :smile:

purplemoon

Never driven car with any fitted although I think I should have some fitted to the front of my car having twice this week mis-judged distance and rolled into a barrier/my shed doors :smile:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
One ought to be able to park without them, it's not difficult....

Maybe a few years of parking cars and big vans in warehouses in very very tight spaces makes me better than most!

Had sensors retro-fitted to SWMBO's Focus recently. Borrowed Sales Managers car while it was done and reversed in to our neighbours car. Both were quite good about it: SM car just went in to dealership workshop, neighbour was bought off by 6 mixed bottles of nice wine.

Somebody else drove in to neighbours car a couple of weeks later - if I'd known I would only have given her 2 bottles.

Still think I can park my car closer to a wall without that I can the Focus with. Of course, my car doesn't have a roof to obstruct the view.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I can park my car right up against any wall or other car.... I simply keep reversing slowly until the bumper bumps the other object. That's what bumpers are for.

In Paris you leave your handbrake off so that other drivers can use their bumpers to push your car back and forth when they park, it's what bumpers are for.

Top Bottom