Revolution - 28 Jan 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_L

Über Member
Not sure ? Looked like Chris gave the first race away or maybe hes losing the skill, so whos going through to the Olympics then ?

Yeah i didn't realise that rule until Hugh Porter said last night. I assume you have your name your man by a certain date, otherwise Hoy, Kenny and Crampton will be there for the team sprint, and best man from those. Maybe they'll use the London Track World Cup as a selection race. Current form though, it looks like Jason.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Excellent evening, great to meet mossy and richiepoo and exciting racing. The derny race was utter bonkers!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
What a good night!
The racing , the theatre of it all and a good few beers with Noods and Mossy. All good!
An all too brief meeting with YahudaMoon - ha!

Mossy has a snap or two of the great man I think - Sir Chris or Noods, you choose:thumbsup:

Ethan

Bloody loved it. First time seeing track cycling - I'll certainly be going again!
I couldn't believe just how 'wall to wall' the racing was! one race ends, another one starts. Superb.

Shame I didn't see any of you lot though :smile:

claver58

Über Member
Best Revolution for a while. Jason got the measure of Chris with 1.3/4 laps to go - never thought he'd make it but still a very unusual sprint as he went so early. I think the indiv. sprint man at Olympics has to be done on form - i.e. he can only be judged on London World Cup and Worlds in Melbourne. Chris made up for the sprint with a great Keirin.
Emily Kay won girls DHL Future Stars for the 3rd year! Could she be another Viccy? I have been so impressed by her strength and endurance, and her intelligence in knowing when to ride hard and when its not worth it, a sign of maturity - she has to be taken on by British Cycling.
I believe that I have just watched Chris Hoy ride his last ever race at Manchester - there is only London, Melb and London again and then I think he'll retire. Maybe come back for a Revolution for the fans but won't race competitively (besides training) at M'cester again. I'm proud to have seen him ride.

Ethan

I cant figure out how to use the useralbums section, so i'll post a whole load here photos here.
Sorry if thats irritating!
DSC_0115.jpg
DSC_0120.jpg
DSC_0131.jpg
DSC_0138.jpg
velodrome pano.jpg

Ethan

You were right, bloody hard taking photos in there! Speed and fairly poor light doesn't mix.
At least I came home with a few nice photos :thumbsup:

Top Bottom