Ribble Cycles shop to close next week.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
ColinJ said:
=

I'll give Ribble a call and try and confirm that or change the order to a 39...

First attempt - no answer after ringing for 3 minutes. (14:05)

Good Luck with that lol. I have been trying them all morning - was continually engaged earlier everytime I tried (probably left off the hook). Now it's ringing but nobody bothers to answer. Really, really poor customer service IMHO.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
When I went there as far as I could see it was a huge warehouse with two blokes in a small office. There may be more staff during the week but if I'm right, it would explain the unanswered phone.

monnet

Guru
There are four guys who do the picking, a similar number in the office, 3 mechanics and one guy who does all the CSN stuff. Although I knowit has changed a bit with the 'collect from the warehouse' service.

There was someone wondering about their frame being in stock but not picked. The answer to this is that the frames are kept in a separate warehouse across town and brought over as and when in a transit van. If there's too much to bring over then stuff will get left.

The prices are, undeniably, close to unbeatable and there's nothing wrong with the quality. However, from my personal dealings with Ribble (as a customer and one tmie employee) I would not want to put another penny in their pocket.

Rob S

monnet said:
There was someone wondering about their frame being in stock but not picked. The answer to this is that the frames are kept in a separate warehouse across town and brought over as and when in a transit van. If there's too much to bring over then stuff will get left.

Ahh I remember that excuse from 1992........I waited weeks for my frame to be transported from warehouse to shop.....happy days!!

monnet

Guru
1992 - that's even richer than their excuses now. The old warehouse is only round the corner from the shop! The new warehouse only opened a couple of years ago.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Okay, I got an email from Ribble this morning - my order is on its way.

I ordered parts (which were in stock) at lunchtime on Thursday. They finally despatched them the following Tuesday morning on 1-3 day delivery so they will arrive too late for me to rebuild my bike before I go away.

Fortunately, I have another bike so I'll take that instead.

I've used Ribble a few times before and this is the first problem that I've had with them, but it is clear that they can be hard to communicate with if there is a problem.

I'll use Ribble again for their low prices, but not if I'm in a hurry.

Christopher

Über Member
It's true - the Ribble shop is no more. Passed by there an hour ago & it is empty, nothing but big posters covering the windows advertising the web service. Sad. Ironic too as it took Ribble ages to get going on web-based shopping.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Talking about bike shops, I was in Ilkley today and thought I'd go in to JD James. There's a whopping great sign outside proclaiming "JD James - Open 7 days a week" There were shutters on the door and a sign reading "Closed Wednesdays"!!!

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
PaulB said:
Talking about bike shops, I was in Ilkley today and thought I'd go in to JD James. There's a whopping great sign outside proclaiming "JD James - Open 7 days a week" There were shutters on the door and a sign reading "Closed Wednesdays"!!!

I noticed that also, I went over skipton way on one of the bank holiday weekends so on the way back I thought I will stop in ilkley and have a look in JD Cycles and it was all shuttered up, but sure enough a big sign saying open 7 days a week!!!!!. Whenever I have gone there in the past they have always been open whatever day it was.

Top Bottom