Richard Branson "almost dies"..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
He will not need to, he has a few bob cleverly put away.

He put aside the cash he made putting out The Faust Tapes in '73

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
:okay:

JtM wins the thread.
swanson_yes.gif

This is a proud day indeed in the Monkey household.

I didn't click the link in post, so ended up reading the report on the guardian site ...

His assistant was the first to arrive on the scene followed by another member of his team who sprinted up the hill. They took him home and patched him up before he flew to Miami for scans.
That is not "nearly died" in any language. That is the billionaire's equivalent to "I went home and changed out of cycling kit, then the wife drove me to A&E". Frightening I'm sure, but not nearly dying.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Amazed at how a persons bank balance conditions our levels of care.

Should we care more if Mr b was an unemployed, poor elderly man who crashed his bike and feared for his life

Edit, perhaps we should all publish our earnings on cyclechat. That way if any of us are unfortunate to have our faces smashed in during an accident, the rest of us will know if we should offer sympathy or not.

Last edited:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Should we care more if Mr b was an unemployed, poor elderly man who crashed his bike and feared for his life
Arguably, such a person would have (much) less of a chance of replacing their bike and damaged kit. They'd not have had the almost immediate aid of their personal assistant (if I remember the article correctly) or own a nearby tropical island on which to rest and recuperate.

On the face of it, your hypothetical seems to be the more pathetic case.

Amazed at how a persons bank balance conditions our levels of care.

Edit, perhaps we should all publish our earnings on cyclechat. That way if any of us are unfortunate to have our faces smashed in during an accident, the rest of us will know if we should offer sympathy or not.

Another fair comment.
Even though he has a beard.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Arguably, such a person would have (much) less of a chance of replacing their bike and damaged kit. They'd not have had the almost immediate aid of their personal assistant (if I remember the article correctly) or own a nearby tropical island on which to rest and recuperate.

On the face of it, your hypothetical seems to be the more pathetic case.
Ah right, so its okay to just ridicule the rich guy.

Cos, like...he can afford to be ridiculed.

His ability to buy another bike is not justification for the insults and attitude of many in this thread.

I don't known him, so cant say I feel any more about him than any other celeb but his nett worth should not a reason to justify ridicule.

Last edited:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I dint known him, so cant say I feel any more about him than any other celeb

So why do you feel the need to stick up for him? I'm sure there are countless other people in the world who "nearly died" today who are far more in need of you defending them.

Last edited by a moderator:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
So why do you feel the need to stick up for him? I'm sure there are countless other people in the world who "nearly died" today who are far more in need of you defending them
So suggesting that its wrong to mock a person because they earn more than you...means I am sticking up for branson?

Last edited by a moderator:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Ah right, so its okay to just ridicule the rich guy.

Cos, like...he can afford to be ridiculed.

His ability to buy another bike is not justification for the insults and attitude of many in this thread.

I don't known him, so cant say I feel any more about him than any other celeb but his nett worth should not a reason to justify ridicule.

I said that your hypothetical case is more pathetic than Branson's. You may need to argue with someone else concerning the above.

EDIT: I see that's underway, so as you were, and so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom