Ride on your Stomach ? Really!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, my avatar is an actual photo of me that has been run through Prism.
On Nickelodeon?

Can be made to look good :smile:

at-ontario-speedway.jpg

Or not....

558470f925048399f39fe05f7575fb8c.jpg

Shaun
Have a care, sir! That's a Vincent your talking about!!

Attachments

• at-ontario-speedway.jpg
    at-ontario-speedway.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 558470f925048399f39fe05f7575fb8c.jpg
    558470f925048399f39fe05f7575fb8c.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 20
Back in 2001 Tim Elsdale raced the "Cool Breeze" with some success in the HPV World Championships

I have ridden that machine and once you get used to the concept it is brilliant

Lots of power through the legs and good aerodynamics, and surprisingly quite comfortable

I personally found that peripheral vision was an issue so would not ride it on the road

Why $4800? The components dont look like they would be drastically different from a standard bicycle, apart from shape. Im pretty sure they can make such a bike for $700 just like they do for standard road bikes.

tyred

Legendary Member
Or a design whose advancement has been stifled by UCI rules maybe?

You're possible correct but having tried a recumbent trike once, I can see the appeal in some ways but prefer to be upright myself. I appreciate the aero advantage but I'm not in a hurry.

Seevio

Guru
They look interesting. I wouldn't mind having a go on one but as for actually buying one... Lets just say the road test would have to be extremely impressive.

davidphilips

Veteran
looks to me like a reversed version of a recumbent , for road use being that close to the ground you would need nerves of steel, as for going though traffic on it , no thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom