Ride Wide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David L

Über Member
'its all about give and take' its a true statment the road should be shared, but sometimes it feels like cars always want my space when im riding

lay

Another way to put it: for some motorists "sharing the road" means "you can have the road when I'm done using it".

Yes I dont understand that - take it to its basic situation: who's expending the most effort, who's the most at risk..? THEN add money taxes etc... ?

Its sheer' disgraceful attitude that pervades the most affable people when they enter a motor vehicle ?

My view is that its heinously reprehensible to have such an attitude upon driving a vehicle and treating a human being that can be killed in an increment of a lever is crime against humanity to which they share and are a member of!

adscrim

Veteran
I was once stopped in the ASL at a cross roads in town. There were no cars behind me but as and old chap in a red vauxhall corsa approached the junction, I heard a car horn sound a couple of times. I looked round saw that there were still no cars behind me but the one approaching and assumed he must be trying to get the attention of someone else in the street. As he stopped at the red light he held his hand on the horn and when I turned round, he gestured for me to move to the side of the road. I ask him what was wrong and he told me I was in the way.

I laughed, and continued straight ahead when the lights turned - I was already across the junction by the time he'd got the car in gear and moved off, turning left at the junction.

I couldn't believe that while stationary and a red light (having arrived first), and ulitmately not going the same road as this driver, I was still in the way.

Top Bottom