RIP Jack Bruce

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
RIP Jack. Another great gone.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I know what the blob is for, but I hide my online status so the blob should never be displayed for me. I did go offline for a while earlier so that would explain it not being shown then.

KneesUp

Guru
I bought 'Songs for a Tailor' when I was a poor school-kid, having never heard any of it, and when albums were expensive, just because it was Jack Bruce.

If you've not heard it, I suggest you put aside half an hour.

Cheers for the tunes.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I bought 'Songs for a Tailor' when I was a poor school-kid, having never heard any of it, and when albums were expensive, just because it was Jack Bruce.

If you've not heard it, I suggest you put aside half an hour.

Cheers for the tunes.

Agreed, fab album!

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Really sad news. Like @KneesUp , I bought Songs for a Tailor when I couldn't really afford it......followed by Harmony Row and Out of the Storm in 1971 and 1974 respectively. In fact I didn't have a deck in 1971 and didn't realise my copy of Harmony Row was dished and virtually unplayable at a low stylus pressure until it was too late to return it to the record shop! What's not commonly recognised (or is it just me?) is that the lyrics for all three of the above albums were written by Pete Brown, one of the great unsung heroes. He also wrote some of Cream's best tracks. So right now, I'm raising a glass of Talisker to Jack, and I'd also like to recognise Pete, while he's still among us (he is still alive, isn't he?)

Top Bottom