Roast potatoes: Goose fat or Beef dripping?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Olive oil here too. Never had a problem with my roasties. Nobody has ever complained.

We don't talk about goose fat in this house. We have pet geese.
7320B56D-4164-4100-8635-6AE1603E730A_zpsuwx48kgl.jpg

young Ed

Veteran
We don't talk about goose fat in this house. We have pet geese.
7320B56D-4164-4100-8635-6AE1603E730A_zpsuwx48kgl.jpg
oh no, all are animals are either farm animals for eggs or meat or working animals such as the working gun dog or mousing and rabbiting cat (she doesn't do all that much these days but still a bit)
couldn't be doing with pets here!

although i know many people with pets
Cheers Ed

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Sunflower oil allegedly is better as has higher temperature before burning than olive oil. That said I've used both and I reckon par boiling and cutting into small cubes makes the biggest difference.

young Ed

Veteran
Sunflower oil allegedly is better as has higher temperature before burning than olive oil. That said I've used both and I reckon par boiling and cutting into small cubes makes the biggest difference.
a roastie should only ever be whole not cut up into small cubes! :ohmy: i think we need the roastie police!
Cheers Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Hell they they look vicious!:ohmy: I always remember my grandad telling me not to put my fingers through the fence when we fed them down the "hen pens",
they can be vicious, just wear full length trousers and don't be afraid to give them a nudge with your boot

for a while i used to go round to our mates road the corner when they were on holiday to feed and shut away/let out their chickens and geese and the chickens would go away them selves then one goose would go away with a bit of persuasion and maybe a little bedtime fight and then the other goose was totally blind in one eye and almost blind in the other, deaf, stubborn and vicious and required a good booting and a tennis racket and about half an hour to get her to go to bed!
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom